Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 20 years ago today the worst week in this country's post-war history began.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    To be fair, he was probably holding in a giant fart.

Hang on, you sorted him a Cup Final ticket and he didn't basically fall at your feet upon meeting you?

That is not just weird, but rude!
    My thoughts exactly.

To be fair, he was probably holding in a giant fart.

Hang on, you sorted him a Cup Final ticket and he didn't basically fall at your feet upon meeting you?

That is not just weird, but rude!
    It was I that sorted him the cup final ticket, I believe that Sir C was the hand over man
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I didn't even charge him for the ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Well, face value, yes; the thing being that I'd got the one at face value, but needed two together, which I bought for £600, so I should have charged the ungateful little shít £300.
    Which cup final was it? The Chelsea one?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    It was I that sorted him the cup final ticket, I believe that Sir C was the hand over man
    It was off your ST but I was to use it, until I bought a further two together for £600.

I have never been anyone's 'handover man', and certainly wouldn't contmeplate being such a creature on your behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Which cup final was it? The Chelsea one?
    Manyoo. 2005. You know, during that period. :shudder:

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I didn't even charge him for the ticket
    You're confusing this with something else. I most certainly paid for the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Manyoo. 2005. You know, during that period. :shudder:
    I travelled with Maputo to that game. Was I not with him when he picked up the ticket?

I remember ranting on the way home from that one too, about how I've never been so embarrassed to win a trophy given how we were so badly outplayed and that the entire club should be ashamed

I travelled with Maputo to that game. Was I not with him when he picked up the ticket?

I remember ranting on the way home from that one too, about how I've never been so embarrassed to win a trophy given how we were so badly outplayed and that the entire club should be ashamed
    You weren't, no. I expect you were avoiding me in case I punched you.

Was he guffing along in agreement?

You need to explain more about the flatulence. Was it the sheer volume or quality of the farts that was the real problem?

For the record, the sort of person who farts in a car with passengers is lower than whale shít. I used to have to travel with a fat northern salesman who took great delight in saying 'Can you smell that? Fresh bread!', so you'd take a deep lungful, only to discover to your horror that he'd just sneaked out a particularly disgusting fart.