Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 20 years ago today the worst week in this country's post-war history began.

20 years ago today the worst week in this country's post-war history began.

The week in which this country abandoned quiet dignity, reserve and stoicism and instead embraced hysteria, emotional incontinence, narcissistic displays of grief and - worst of all - public weeping.

And we'd just drawn 0-0 with Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The week in which this country abandoned quiet dignity, reserve and stoicism and instead embraced hysteria, emotional incontinence, narcissistic displays of grief and - worst of all - public weeping.

And we'd just drawn 0-0 with Spurs.
    Bit of an overreaction. We'd cry with joy at that result now.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Bit of an overreaction. We'd cry with joy at that result now.
    I was more upset by the 3-3 with Leicester the week before, tbh. If you score a hat-trick like that, you're supposed to win the fücking game, ffs!

I was more upset by the 3-3 with Leicester the week before, tbh. If you score a hat-trick like that, you're supposed to win the fücking game, ffs!
    I've never registered their last goal. We won 3-2.

I've never registered their last goal. We won 3-2.
    We fücking didn't. That cünt who looked like a villain from Eastenders, wasn't it? Steve something?

0-2 with 10 minutes to go. Same old Arsenal
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

We fücking didn't. That cünt who looked like a villain from Eastenders, wasn't it? Steve something?
    No, it was struck off for breaking the laws of the universe. Steve Claridge is the man. Quite erudite for a footballer. Which isn't saying much.

No, it was struck off for breaking the laws of the universe. Steve Claridge is the man. Quite erudite for a footballer. Which isn't saying much.
    No, I looked it up. Steve Walsh. ****bag. Him, not you.

I'd hardly call Steve Claridge erudite. He's reasonably coherent, but if he's ever read anything more challenging than The Racing Post, I'd be surprised.

No, I looked it up. Steve Walsh. ****bag. Him, not you.

I'd hardly call Steve Claridge erudite. He's reasonably coherent, but if he's ever read anything more challenging than The Racing Post, I'd be surprised.
    I really have blocked the memory. I don't have any recollection of him.

I really have blocked the memory. I don't have any recollection of him.
    Allow me to refresh your memory