Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20 years ago today the worst week in this country's post-war history began.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

20 years ago today the worst week in this country's post-war history began.

The week in which this country abandoned quiet dignity, reserve and stoicism and instead embraced hysteria, emotional incontinence, narcissistic displays of grief and - worst of all - public weeping.

And we'd just drawn 0-0 with Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The week in which this country abandoned quiet dignity, reserve and stoicism and instead embraced hysteria, emotional incontinence, narcissistic displays of grief and - worst of all - public weeping.

Bit of an overreaction. We'd cry with joy at that result now.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Bit of an overreaction. We'd cry with joy at that result now.
    I was more upset by the 3-3 with Leicester the week before, tbh. If you score a hat-trick like that, you're supposed to win the fücking game, ffs!

I was more upset by the 3-3 with Leicester the week before, tbh. If you score a hat-trick like that, you're supposed to win the fücking game, ffs!
    I've never registered their last goal. We won 3-2.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    I've never registered their last goal. We won 3-2.
    We fücking didn't. That cünt who looked like a villain from Eastenders, wasn't it? Steve something?

We fücking didn't. That cünt who looked like a villain from Eastenders, wasn't it? Steve something?
    No, it was struck off for breaking the laws of the universe. Steve Claridge is the man. Quite erudite for a footballer. Which isn't saying much.

0-2 with 10 minutes to go. Same old Arsenal
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

I remember my mum and dad went to the funeral and had a good cry. My mum also bought Candle in the Wind and some other tribute cassette

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I remember my mum and dad went to the funeral and had a good cry. My mum also bought Candle in the Wind and some other tribute cassette
    I just don't understand the mindset. But try and express the view that you really didn't care that much at the time and you had a good chance of getting punched. It was weird.

Did you know this issue of Private Eye, released soon after she'd died, was banned by most stores around the UK because it referenced the car? Literally, that was the reason. Not a picture of the car, just a reference.

932_big.jpg

I just don't understand the mindset. But try and express the view that you really didn't care that much at the time and you had a good chance of getting punched. It was weird.