Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So, realistic predictions for this momentous super Thursday transfer deadline day.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I just want it to be over. The transfer window is shít.
    We did sign one of Europe's most coveted strikers, everyone does appear to have rather forgotten that. Plus that rather large LB

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    We did sign one of Europe's most coveted strikers, everyone does appear to have rather forgotten that. Plus that rather large LB
    Yes, but it's been categorically proven after three games that he's shít, psrb. Do try and keep up!

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

He was actually one of Europe's least coveted strikers. Nobody else wanted him and the only bid last summer was from West Ham.

Not that I am knocking him, obviously. I have only seen him play once. I am sure he is quite good and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    We're skint anyway according to Ornstein who normally knows his onions.

Can't wait to hear from Wes on this one.

I'm trying to work out how we can be skint. I have pieced together fragments from memory to form an opinion that fits my mood. A couple of years ago we had over £200M in reserve and £50M a year coming in from TV on top of the most expensive ticket prices in football. I can't believe that we have spunked it all on players?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    He was actually one of Europe's least coveted strikers. Nobody else wanted him and the only bid last summer was from West Ham.

Not that I am knocking him, obviously. I have only seen him play once. I am sure he is quite good and all that.

Atletico wanted him. Shirley, that is a sign of a good striker
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I expect Sanchez to leave.

I then expect Sterling, Seri, Draxler, Mahrez, van Dijk and one surprise to arrive.

Arsene shall smile, Monty shall chastise us all for a lack of faith and Dutch will make a stance against crude language.

I shall have a lentil curry and naan for lunch.

We sell Sanchez and Ox, we sign no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    We sell Sanchez and Ox, we sign no one.

That has to be the most likely outcome. I am fine with it. If he sells Mustafi he is a major ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Atletico wanted him. Shirley, that is a sign of a good striker
    Shhhh! The West Ham angle was funnier

For the record...

Running total:

Sales AOC - £40M

Gabriel - £13M

Szczensy -£11M

Gibbs - £3M

Toral - £3M

Hinds - £2M

Bennacer - £1.5M

Crowley - £600k

TOTAL: £74.1M
    Purchases

Lacazette - £53M

TOTAL: £53M
    NET: £21.1M profit

A profit of £21M...yet we're skint

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

Gibbs - £3M
    Who's trousered the other £4m then The T?
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.