Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: C'mon out MONTY!!! We want to talk football with you

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Spurs to some extent although they have currently solved the problem. It may well reappear.

Liverpool have come far closer than us to winning the league over the last 10 years. Not consistently good but rather silly to say that nothing had changed. It changed constantly.

Of course there are other ways to **** up, nobody is denying it. I think a few of us would even be happy to fail in a different way for a little while, just to make it interesting.
    In other words, no club (whether they've stuck with the same manager or chopped and changed every year or two) has managed to successfully challenge the hegemony of clubs that have either been financially doped or have come from a historical base of being a far bigger and richer club.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I don't think that helps, to be honest. It just gives people the idea that doing the wrong thing is acceptable.
    But if the opposite it true, you're telling people that, if there is a chance of failure, one shouldn't try.

We didn't build an empire without trying and occasionally failing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    But if the opposite it true, you're telling people that, if there is a chance of failure, one shouldn't try.

Do or do not. There is no 'try'.

A wise man said that.

Or it might've been Yoda out of Star Wars now I think about it.
    Last edited by Burney; 08-30-2017 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    In other words, no club (whether they've stuck with the same manager or chopped and changed every year or two) has managed to successfully challenge the hegemony of clubs that have either been financially doped or have come from a historical base of being a far bigger and richer club.
    As always, Leicester are the racially unacceptable term in this particular woodpile.

One certainly shouldn't try to fail; one should be encouraged to succeed. But there, you've excused failure even while attempting success. And there's no need for it.

Either we get it right, or we get out, needs to be the message.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    As always, Leicester are the racially unacceptable term in this particular woodpile.
    One freak season doesn't count - everyone knows that. Almost as worthless as winning the FA fúcking Cup!

Did you ultimately not make a bollócks of the whole empire thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    One freak season doesn't count - everyone knows that. Almost as worthless as winning the FA fúcking Cup!
    I wouldn't mind one freak season.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I didn't know Leicester was a race. It's racism gone mad, I tell you; everyone is trying to get in on it now
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Did you ultimately not make a bollócks of the whole empire thing?
    The language you're currently speaking would suggest not.