Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: C'mon out MONTY!!! We want to talk football with you

C'mon out MONTY!!! We want to talk football with you

We can see you back there, hiding in the background with your Arsene Wenger blankie, a tear in your eye, your ego gradually diminishing with each passing second as you try and decide whether to fight the fight or retreat to your bedroom with Wenger's biography, an Invincibles video and a box of Kleenex.

Man up, come on out and prove to us that you STILL know more about football than anyone else on AWIMB.

Now you're acting like Monty, WES.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    We can see you back there, hiding in the background with your Arsene Wenger blankie, a tear in your eye, your ego gradually diminishing with each passing second as you try and decide whether to fight the fight or retreat to your bedroom with Wenger's biography, an Invincibles video and a box of Kleenex.

Man up, come on out and prove to us that you STILL know more about football than anyone else on AWIMB.

I think I must have said 300 times on Awimb over the past few years that Wenger leaving may well be the best way forward. I've merely scoffed at the idea that this is a no-brainer and my position on that hasn't changed at all.

Would it not be sensible to reserve judgement over just how catastrophic things are beyond three games and a still-open transfer window? Last season was looking pretty bad too, and that turned out ok-ish, didn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Now you're acting like Monty, WES.
    It's the only way I could get him to post.

And it seems to have worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I think I must have said 300 times on Awimb over the past few years that Wenger leaving may well be the best way forward. I've merely scoffed at the idea that this is a no-brainer and my position on that hasn't changed at all.

Would it not be sensible to reserve judgement over just how catastrophic things are beyond three games and a still-open transfer window? Last season was looking pretty bad too, and that turned out ok-ish, didn't it?
    But, short of us going on a 10-game winning streak, results have now become somewhat almost irrelevant. It's moved beyond what happens on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But, short of us going on a 10-game winning streak, results have now become somewhat almost irrelevant. It's moved beyond what happens on the pitch.
    Our best player wants to leave and the transfer window slams shut tomorrow. Of course things have moved beyond what happens on the pitch

Depends. If Sanchez goes and it turns out he really was the sand in the underwear (I'm not saying that is the case) the boys might start playing like a team again (as they miraculously did when the back three was introduced) and some kind of hope could creep back. Won't stop the contractual headaches, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Our best player wants to leave and the transfer window slams shut tomorrow. Of course things have moved beyond what happens on the pitch
    Ramsey wants out as well?

Every bad result is going to cause last seasons regrettable events to come to the fore.

We now have 2 players who have made it very clear they want to leave, one more publicly than the other admittedly, so every poor performance, individual error will be jumped on as a sign of a lack of commitment. We really have no option but to sell (as indeed many have called for all summer) yet we leave ourselves with just over 24 hours to replace.

And yet for so many years we were told, and some of us lapped up, the intangible claim of Arsenal being a club that did things correctly etc.

It almost appears we stumble along from one mess to another (yet amazingly remain relatively very successful).

I was thinking that too. Perhaps that's the idea. Surely as a football manager, the very last thing you really want to judged by ultimately is footballl results?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."