Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looks like the Bournemouth game is the crucial one

Looks like the Bournemouth game is the crucial one

We will lose away at Chelsea so anything less than a win against plucky Bournemouth probably dumps us into the relegation zone deep into September.

Black scarf time?

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    We will lose away at Chelsea so anything less than a win against plucky Bournemouth probably dumps us into the relegation zone deep into September.

Black scarf time?
    Ooooh, I'd love a relegation battle. I've always wondered what they're like.

And think of all the interesting new teams we'd get to play next season if we went down!

I'm right up for relegation now.

Black scarf time?
    Bound to get a few people hot under the collar but it doesn't really matter does it. We have been given some very tricky away games early on but they are games we would probably have lost anyway. Good to get them out of the way while we are a shambles.

And it isn't a big problem. It is perfectly obvious we wont be challenging for the title and even top four looks incredibly optimistic. THis was always going to be a very tough season under the circumstances. Just have to let it play itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

And think of all the interesting new teams we'd get to play next season if we went down!

I remember we had an uncomfortable season when Houston mismanaged us.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Bound to get a few people hot under the collar but it doesn't really matter does it. We have been given some very tricky away games early on but they are games we would probably have lost anyway. Good to get them out of the way while we are a shambles.

And it isn't a big problem. It is perfectly obvious we wont be challenging for the title and even top four looks incredibly optimistic. THis was always going to be a very tough season under the circumstances. Just have to let it play itself out.
    We lose away to Stoke, Liverpool and Chelsea most years anyway, so we're not really below-par yet. In fact usually we've lost at home to West Ham or Villa by now. Agreed that top four is probably beyond us anyway so we just have to sweat it out.

Black scarf time?
    Not a fan personally.

Navy blue & white polka dot?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

You're too young to remember the mid-70's then. #MeeOut!

I actually thought Terry Neill was a great manager because he took us clear of the bottom three.

I remember we had an uncomfortable season when Houston mismanaged us.
    It was never really a relegation battle, though. Not really. And to be fair to old Cone Man, he can hardly be held responsible for GG having to be summarily drummed out for acquiring an unfortunate brown envelope habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You're too young to remember the mid-70's then. #MeeOut!

I actually thought Terry Neill was a great manager because he took us clear of the bottom three.
    'Fraid so. I was born in 73. My first real Arsenal consciousness was us winning the FA Cup in 79.

I think you guys are forgetting how losing, like winning, can become a habit. The fact these games might have been difficult anyway when scattered throughout the season doesn't mean that if we lose three out of our games the team will not suffer a huge loss of confidence - arguably it's already happened - and other "easier" teams suddenly perk up and take points off us.

Not saying we will be relegated (the season I referred to earlier though we were a mere THREE points from the relegation zone) but this streak carries on and we won't even make it to the Europa League next season.