Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GBBO on Channel 4....what are we thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I was sternly told that it was a salient lesson in the vulgarity of people being prepared to humiliate themselves in pursuit of a few gaudy trinkets.
    A Hostess trolley a gaudy trinket? I think not.

I was sternly told that it was a salient lesson in the vulgarity of people being prepared to humiliate themselves in pursuit of a few gaudy trinkets.
    Or...'capitalism', as it's also known.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh sorry. Do you have one?

A mobile wooden cabinet capable of drying your already overcooked 1970s food out even further? What could be gaudier?

Oh sorry. Do you have one?
    I would consider a dinner party a travesty without one, a. Having boiled the cabbage and the cauliflower for a mere 40 minutes, how else would I keep it nice and warm en route to the table?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    A mobile wooden cabinet capable of drying your already overcooked 1970s food out even further? What could be gaudier?
    Wooden?

Wooden?
    Well, 'mahogany effect'.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. A camp comic and a sexless scotch folk singer. Odd choice to host a gameshow when you think about it.
    No, proper entertainers, imo. None of today's crowd would've lasted five minutes, if you didn't allow strong language.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Oh Christ!

it's Walter Junior from BB. He's disabled, what's a bloke with cerebral palsy doing on the Island FFS?!

Was hoping it was Badger or Sneaky Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No, proper entertainers, imo. None of today's crowd would've lasted five minutes, if you didn't allow strong language.
    Token 'your mum allows strong language' type post.

Didn't I do well?