Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GBBO on Channel 4....what are we thinking?

GBBO on Channel 4....what are we thinking?

Don't mind Noel Fielding or Pru.

The chap that one the showstopper was rather good, looks the man to beat

Island with Bear Grylls, want to punch Iwan Thomas in the face. Water and fire, the 1st 2 things you do, not tricky!!

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

Island with Bear Grylls, want to punch Iwan Thomas in the face. Water and fire, the 1st 2 things you do, not tricky!!
    I'm refusing to watch it with the hope that if everyone else does it will move back to BBC with Mel, Sue and Mary.

Thanks for the support mate.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I'm refusing to watch it with the hope that if everyone else does it will move back to BBC with Mel, Sue and Mary.

Thanks for the support mate.
    Sorry, our client is one of the sponsors of the show

I was pleasantly surprised. They have clearly taken the very sensible view that, if you own a successful format, it's probably wise not to fúck about with it. Noel Fielding is very good, Sandi Toksvig is OK, but a bit meh and Paul Hollywood's still a bellend. I do worry about Prue Leith, however. She is not a likeable screen presence to say the least.

Oh and the Bear Grylls thing is very funny. I like the fact that they're trying to frame it as how much better women are than men rather than pointing out that the real division here is not between men and women as between thick people and non-thick people. Iwan Thomas is as thick as two short planks, as is that Coronation Street man.
    Last edited by Burney; 08-30-2017 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh and the Bear Grylls thing is very funny. I like the fact that they're trying to frame it as how much better women are than men rather than pointing out that the real division here is not between men and women as between thick people and non-thick people. Iwan Thomas is as thick as two short planks, as is that Coronation Street man.
    I particularly like the lad from Breaking Bad, would appear to have taken most of the West coast of America's drugs.
    Last edited by Burney; 08-30-2017 at 08:41 AM.

I'm not trying to stir something up but I fail to see why this show is popular.

I particularly like the lad from Breaking Bad, would appear to have taken most of the West coast of America's drugs.
    He does seem nice. However, most of them are plainly hateful and I sincerely hope they all get amoebic dysentery.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I'm not trying to stir something up but I fail to see why this show is popular.
    For the same reason that any challenge-based programme is popular. People perform the tasks with varying degrees of success (sometimes failing hilariously), while viewers pick favourites and enjoy the banter that goes on in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    For the same reason that any challenge-based programme is popular. People perform the tasks with varying degrees of success (sometimes failing hilariously), while viewers pick favourites and enjoy the banter that goes on in between.
    Excellent what time is it on?
    You are right I watched a show about people making swords out of metal as it was a competition.