Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So, Ox for 35mil, Sanchez for 60mil, Mustafi for 30mil, Perez for 10mil

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Sadly I don't think he does this time.

I think he has lost his marbles.

On a medical level I can trace the beginnings of the issue back to 3-4 summers ago when he allowed Matthieu Flamini to train with us as he was unemployed, then one day he thought that he could save himself a few million by letting him hang around for a year.

Not the thought process of a top level manager, or a sane one.
    Your theory is that Arsene Wenger is mentally ill? Because his judgement isn't identical to yours?

Sounds reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Sadly I don't think he does this time.

I think he has lost his marbles.

On a medical level I can trace the beginnings of the issue back to 3-4 summers ago when he allowed Matthieu Flamini to train with us as he was unemployed, then one day he thought that he could save himself a few million by letting him hang around for a year.

Not the thought process of a top level manager, or a sane one.
    It is with great sadness that I tend to agree. There's stubbornness and then there's a complete unwillingness to address reality. But now there appears to be a genuine bewilderment about what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Your theory is that Arsene Wenger is mentally ill? Because his judgement isn't identical to yours?

Sounds reasonable.
    At what point does sheer pig-headedness tip over into mental illness, would you say?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    At what point does sheer pig-headedness tip over into mental illness, would you say?
    Arsene Wenger is pig-headed to the point of mental illness because he doesn't make transfer decisions based on the rantings of halfwits?

OK mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    He's here for another two years whether we like it or not. I'd rather watch someone other than Walcott and Welbeck for those two years, because that's who will be starting for us every week now Sanchez and Ox have gone. He'll probably play Lacazette on the left for most of the season as well.
    The best solution is to not watch at all. It is so much more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Honestly, I do struggle to understand why he wanted to stay on. He must know there's no prospect of us winning the league in the immediate future and that he's just going to get more and more abuse. Why is he still there?
    It really was an easy decision to walk away. Realistically he had no chance of achieving any other than top four in the next two years and nobody would consider that an achievement. At least not from him. This summer was always going to go badly, he cant have not known that.

I am sure he has his reasons but he has set himself up for two horrible years. It is going to be really painful to watch.

Sounds reasonable.
    No. I just don't think it was a sane or logical judgement.

Arsene Wenger is pig-headed to the point of mental illness because he doesn't make transfer decisions based on the rantings of halfwits?

OK mate.
    Oh, I'm not really talking about transfer decisions. It's making the same mistakes over and over and over and over again and the refusal to see the problem.

OK mate.
    Have to say I do not care for your tone during this discourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It really was an easy decision to walk away. Realistically he had no chance of achieving any other than top four in the next two years and nobody would consider that an achievement. At least not from him. This summer was always going to go badly, he cant have not known that.

I am sure he has his reasons but he has set himself up for two horrible years. It is going to be really painful to watch.
    It couldn't have been better set up. We'd won the cup, so he'd have ostensibly been going out on a high. Instead, he signs up for two years of fruitless trench warfare with his team, the fans and the media. It's the footballing equivalent of self-harm.

That or he's got an absolutely massive tax bill, I suppose.