Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So, Ox for 35mil, Sanchez for 60mil, Mustafi for 30mil, Perez for 10mil

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    At this stage, do you really want him spending our money? I would prefer it if he didnt bother. We know what we need (a midfielder and a centre back if Mustafi leaves) but he wont buy those. He will bring in crap we dont need.

I would rather he spent nothing and fans got even angrier. Happy to write off this season as I think we effectively have already.
    He's here for another two years whether we like it or not. I'd rather watch someone other than Walcott and Welbeck for those two years, because that's who will be starting for us every week now Sanchez and Ox have gone. He'll probably play Lacazette on the left for most of the season as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Yes all four will go, and if he doesn't bring in any replacements he's a ****. More of a **** than he already is. I can actually see him keeping Perez and pretend he has something to offer. That's the sort of **** Wenger is.
    It is becoming increasingly difficult to apply any actual logic to Arsenal summer 2017.

I don’t actually believe he has, but surely he must have 1-2 up his sleeve else it really is a fúcking mess.

Perhaps it being a WC year may work in our favour with other players looking to secure regular football.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    It is becoming increasingly difficult to apply any actual logic to Arsenal summer 2017.

I don’t actually believe he has, but surely he must have 1-2 up his sleeve else it really is a fúcking mess.

Perhaps it being a WC year may work in our favour with other players looking to secure regular football.
    It is a ****ing mess whatever he has up his sleeve. We have been here enough times over the past to know there is no magical silver lining here. Just his refusal to accept the fact that his best players want to leave. THis was always going to drag on all summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It is a ****ing mess whatever he has up his sleeve. We have been here enough times over the past to know there is no magical silver lining here. Just his refusal to accept the fact that his best players want to leave. THis was always going to drag on all summer.
    Honestly, I do struggle to understand why he wanted to stay on. He must know there's no prospect of us winning the league in the immediate future and that he's just going to get more and more abuse. Why is he still there?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Honestly, I do struggle to understand why he wanted to stay on. He must know there's no prospect of us winning the league in the immediate future and that he's just going to get more and more abuse. Why is he still there?
    I picture him sitting at home watching Arsenalfan TV and looking at social media, in absolute hysterics, flicking vs at his screen.

It's basically payback for years of unwarranted abuse.

wd aw! I can't wait to see what his next shíthousery will consist of.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I picture him sitting at home watching Arsenalfan TV and looking at social media, in absolute hysterics, flicking vs at his screen.

It's basically payback for years of unwarranted abuse.

wd aw! I can't wait to see what his next shíthousery will consist of.
    I wish I could believe he were that calculating. I fear he actually believes he's doing the best thing for the club by trying to manage what is currently a shįtshow of remarkable proportions rather than stepping down.

Mind you, maybe he's being terribly noble and ensuring that he is so hated by the time he leaves that the new chap will have a huge honeymoon period.

I wish I could believe he were that calculating. I fear he actually believes he's doing the best thing for the club by trying to manage what is currently a shįtshow of remarkable proportions rather than stepping down.

Mind you, maybe he's being terribly noble and ensuring that he is so hated by the time he leaves that the new chap will have a huge honeymoon period.
    Nah, it'll be fine. He has a plan. He always has a plan.

Does he? I think he had a plan about 10 years ago. And then everyone who was crucial to the plan working buggered off.

Sadly I don't think he does this time.

I think he has lost his marbles.

On a medical level I can trace the beginnings of the issue back to 3-4 summers ago when he allowed Matthieu Flamini to train with us as he was unemployed, then one day he thought that he could save himself a few million by letting him hang around for a year.

Not the thought process of a top level manager, or a sane one.

Does he? I think he had a plan about 10 years ago. And then everyone who was crucial to the plan working buggered off.
    He's had many plans. He had a plan to turn George Graham's team into double winners. He had a plan to build a new team to win titles and champions leagues. He had a plan to build a cheap, young team that would stay competitive until the debt burden was lifted, and then a plan to add to that team when finances were loosened. I have no doubt he has yet another plan.

Not all those plans worked perfectly, of course, but they've been pretty bloody close so far. I have no reason to believe his plans have suddenly turned to shít.