Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So, Ox for 35mil, Sanchez for 60mil, Mustafi for 30mil, Perez for 10mil

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

And further, I had forgotten Iwobi existed. Has he played at all this season?
    Played the final knockings at Stoke City, I think.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I didn't know Perez, Mustafi and Gibbs had actually gone yet.
    I thought Gibbs was all but done and no one thinks Perez is staying. Forgot about Mustafi. Although for the life of me I can't understand why we're getting rid.

My recall is that he looked really good for the first half of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I thought Gibbs was all but done and no one thinks Perez is staying. Forgot about Mustafi. Although for the life of me I can't understand why we're getting rid.

My recall is that he looked really good for the first half of last season.
    Mustafi stung me too, on FIFA, once. When he won the World Cup with Germany and you're looking for young, cheap players in their squad. Naturally, his name comes up but then you remember he sat on the bench for two years at Everton before they finally chucked him out.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Mustafi stung me too, on FIFA, once. When he won the World Cup with Germany and you're looking for young, cheap players in their squad. Naturally, his name comes up but then you remember he sat on the bench for two years at Everton before they finally chucked him out.
    TBF he was 18/19 then and as we know, CBs develop late.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    TBF he was 18/19 then and as we know, CBs develop late.
    Sure, but that doesn't mean they have to develop late; some are just not good enough.

Anyway, it was more a rumination on the Germany team, especially the fact that it is very often greater than the sum of its players. Something like that. I mean, very few German players have won the Premier League, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Sure, but that doesn't mean they have to develop late; some are just not good enough.

Anyway, it was more a rumination on the Germany team, especially the fact that it is very often greater than the sum of its players. Something like that. I mean, very few German players have won the Premier League, for example.
    I don't think we'll bring anyone in but Perez, Gibbs and Ox will probably go. This transfer window has been a disaster of absolutely epic proportions. The only plus is that we can give Nelson and Maitland Niles some football. Both will be future stars.

We might even be able to give Campbell, Wellington and Galindo a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I don't think we'll bring anyone in but Perez, Gibbs and Ox will probably go. This transfer window has been a disaster of absolutely epic proportions. The only plus is that we can give Nelson and Maitland Niles some football. Both will be future stars.
    Surely that would represent a footballing madness and one that you, a staunch defender of Mr Wenger, would seriously question?

I expect Sanchez will go also.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Surely that would represent a footballing madness and one that you, a staunch defender of Mr Wenger, would seriously question?

I expect Sanchez will go also.
    Yes all four will go, and if he doesn't bring in any replacements he's a ****. More of a **** than he already is. I can actually see him keeping Perez and pretend he has something to offer. That's the sort of **** Wenger is.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Yes all four will go, and if he doesn't bring in any replacements he's a ****. More of a **** than he already is. I can actually see him keeping Perez and pretend he has something to offer. That's the sort of **** Wenger is.
    At this stage, do you really want him spending our money? I would prefer it if he didnt bother. We know what we need (a midfielder and a centre back if Mustafi leaves) but he wont buy those. He will bring in crap we dont need.

I would rather he spent nothing and fans got even angrier. Happy to write off this season as I think we effectively have already.