Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: So, Ox for 35mil, Sanchez for 60mil, Mustafi for 30mil, Perez for 10mil

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Don't try to drag me into your little boys' pissing competition. You lads can carry on trying to outdo each other in the extremity of your language to decry every aspect of our club, and I hope that saying the naughty words gives you the little chubby you seek.

I shall remain, dignified, on the sidelines, watching you all with a small, supercilious smirk. I call it 'doing a Harvey'.
    Well I've only focused on the performance of the manager, but fair play to you for mentioning the great man Harvey, what with you furiously virtue signaling throughout this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    What this thread really needs now is Monty.
    Monty will be back after we've won a couple of games and all is rosy in the garden again, accusing even Arsene's mildest critics of wishing cancer upon him, in his usual restrained, dignified and moderate way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Monty will be back after we've won a couple of games and all is rosy in the garden again, accusing even Arsene's mildest critics of wishing cancer upon him, in his usual restrained, dignified and moderate way.
    Not likely to see him for a number of years, then?

Not likely to see him for a number of years, then?
    Arsene will turn it round eventually. He always does.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Arsene will turn it round eventually. He always does.
    Well apart from last season, and while he deserves a lot of credit for having done so in the past he has done so from a position of strength.

If he loses Sanchez, Mustafi and Chamberlain at this stage then it is going to be very difficult to replace them, and as such one could argue we are theoretically weaker than last season – while others are mostly stronger or even a lot stronger.

The struggles of the N17 bunch in HA9 may yet be his salvation.

Yes, indeed. I thought last season was the time for him to go; his relationship with the fanbase seems to me to be irredeemably fractured, and all sides would have benefitted from a dignified parting of the ways in May.

Check my gusset. Dry as a bone.
    But anyway, if you can see this and I can see this then why can a highly intelligent and dignified man such as AW not see it and reason that it is time to (figuratively) retire to the drawing room with a large brandy and a loaded Webley and do the decent thing?

This is what has caused me distress. The lack of dignity.

Wenger Out...

...Daenerys "Mother of Dragons" In.

We'd piss the league no problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Bergkamp Was Best View Post
    Wenger Out...

She's a bit 'route one', tbh. All 'lump it up to the big lad and let him do the damage'. Tyrion's more your Arsene 'walk it into the goal' type.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But anyway, if you can see this and I can see this then why can a highly intelligent and dignified man such as AW not see it and reason that it is time to (figuratively) retire to the drawing room with a large brandy and a loaded Webley and do the decent thing?

This is what has caused me distress. The lack of dignity.
    I suppose he is at the eye of the storm; he knows that he is the single most important figure in the running of a multi-million pound business and he clearly enjoys it. The opinion of reasoned chaps such as you and I is of little relevance to him, since we are very much not at the eye of the storm, and the 'opinions' of the troglodyte faction (wes) should be dismissed as the ravings of the demented.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergkamp Was Best View Post
    Wenger Out...

So ... was there a big fight between the living dragon and the I suppose zombie dragon?