Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ox...this isn't going to end well for him

Ox...this isn't going to end well for him

Turns down Chelsea move (£40n for us) because he wants to play in Central midfield and feels he will do that at Liverpool (less money).

What happens if the deal doesn't get done? No way we can play him again...will just be a target for the fans with his pikey attitude.

I dont want him back...Simply can't be trusted after Sunday's performance. Wouldn't he even have him in the referees or with the youths..just pss off...play golf or video games fir the rest of the year.

Sad...going from hero to a van Persie / Cashley the next...

Either way he's looking like a right mug now.

The problem is that he can screw us really bad if he turns down the move to Chelsea. We lose 40m and get stuck with an average player that wants to leave. And if he delays this then we might not have the time to get a replacement. Just piss off Ox...

No World Cup for him if he doesn't play this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    No World Cup for him if he doesn't play this season.
    Valid point.

He's just not good enough to play CM for any top 6 side

It gives us an insight into the modern day footballer, if a move to Liverpool doesn't happen and he stays with us then he knows his career will stagnate for a whole season. What footballer would want that? Sure, he can walk away in a year but who will want him then? He'll end up at Stoke, West Brom or West Ham if he's not careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Turns down Chelsea move (£40n for us) because he wants to play in Central midfield and feels he will do that at Liverpool (less money).

What happens if the deal doesn't get done? No way we can play him again...will just be a target for the fans with his pikey attitude.

I dont want him back...Simply can't be trusted after Sunday's performance. Wouldn't he even have him in the referees or with the youths..just pss off...play golf or video games fir the rest of the year.

Sad...going from hero to a van Persie / Cashley the next...

Either way he's looking like a right mug now.
    He went to talk to Chelsea and saw a bucket load of hard work and accountability. Then went running back to the comfort of Uncle Arsene. We'll never get any of these boys out the door into the big wide world. They've been coddled and indulged for so long. They'll still be living at Colney when they're 40.
    Last edited by Just Trent; 08-30-2017 at 08:33 AM.

I think I would still rather sell Wally than Ox. Although getting rid of both right now wouldn't make much difference to the performance. Bring the kids in. Have the season we are going to have anyway ie mid table and let them gain experience

Quote Originally Posted by devongunner View Post
    I think I would still rather sell Wally than Ox. Although getting rid of both right now wouldn't make much difference to the performance. Bring the kids in. Have the season we are going to have anyway ie mid table and let them gain experience
    I have a bit more sympathy for Walcott. He actually looked very sharp in pre-season and regularly weighs in with 10+ goals a season, yes he's infuriating but the Ox, more so

Quote Originally Posted by devongunner View Post
    keep all the money for the next manager. In about 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    keep all the money for the next manager. In about 10 years
    Theo Walcott

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."