Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Windies are doing a grand job here. Should win it.

The Windies are doing a grand job here. Should win it.

*The only problem might come as the finish line gets closer, of course, but I rather hope they win*.

*Cue red accusing me of basically being ISIS

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    *The only problem might come as the finish line gets closer, of course, but I rather hope they win*.

They are well on course for it.

I wouldn't have declared. After working so hard to get back into the game I wouldn't have given them a sniff. This total was always gettable on this wicket.

You're spitting nails you lying c**t

Very good. I actually missed the addendum on first reading.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    They are well on course for it.

I wouldn't have declared. After working so hard to get back into the game I wouldn't have given them a sniff. This total was always gettable on this wicket.
    Absolutely. If we lose, Root deserves to be hauled over the coals for that. We were 1-0 up in the series and a draw suited us fine. There was absolutely no justification for sporting declaration. The usual voices were calling for it, of course (David Lloyd, Ian Botham, etc, etc). Wonder if they'll be quite so vociferous if we lose?

That said, it still ought to have been enough. Dropping Brathwaite is looking very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    You're spitting nails you lying c**t
    Why would I be?

Absolutely. If we lose, Root deserves to be hauled over the coals for that. We were 1-0 up in the series and a draw suited us fine. There was absolutely no justification for sporting declaration. The usual voices were calling for it, of course (David Lloyd, Ian Botham, etc, etc). Wonder if they'll be quite so vociferous if we lose?

That said, it still ought to have been enough. Dropping Brathwaite is looking very expensive.
    I appreciate it gave two bites with Jimmy and the new ball, and offered us a second new ball earlier on the last day. Even so, not worth a risk.

The stats trotted out about the biggest ever final innings totals are misleading. On this wicket, in this situation,
    Root gave them a decent chance of winning. Totally unnecessary. **** the series, this is a test match. You dont chuck them away

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I appreciate it gave two bites with Jimmy and the new ball, and offered us a second new ball earlier on the last day. Even so, not worth a risk.

The stats trotted out about the biggest ever final innings totals are misleading. On this wicket, in this situation,
    Root gave them a decent chance of winning. Totally unnecessary. **** the series, this is a test match. You dont chuck them away
    I agree. Woakes was looking in no trouble last night and we were perfectly capable of getting another 50 and putting them out of a game we're now likely to lose. Bad business, really.

None of which detracts from the West Indies' batting today. Fair play to them.

None of which detracts from the West Indies' batting today. Fair play to them.
    I see that Sky have re-named, re-branded, re-purposed and re-graphiced the prediction algorithm formerly known as WASP. Presumably after it has been on a diversity awareness course.

It gave the Windies 1% chance this morning. Last time I saw it it gave England 1%.

Worst review ever from Broad, there