Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jonny Evans....

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Well the other rumour is that he and Perez were not players AW wanted to sign and now he's got his contract he's discarding them.......not sure I believe that
    Seems a little too twisted for me.

Apart from Perez as he clearly never wanted him.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Seems a little too twisted for me.

Apart from Perez as he clearly never wanted him.
    I'm not sure. I'm sure Wenger would've wanted him at that price.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I'm not sure. I'm sure Wenger would've wanted him at that price.
    That's why he gave him the number 9.

and now Lacazette is on the bench

Rumour is that he's had a falling out with AW
    So our deck of cards is collapsing
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

I find it hard to get excited about a CB signing at the best of the times, did I miss the whole bit where Jonny Evans became a decent CB?
    A couple of hundred games for Manchester United and a few league titles, for that money. May as well make him captain too.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    So our deck of cards is collapsing
    Does all rather seem to point in that direction. That being said, weren't Chelsea in a worse situation in October after we beat them 3-0?! All turned out well there

Surely if we really wanted this Evans protestant fellow we would simply have chucked them a Gibbs for free and cut a sweet deal at the time.

In summary, it is nonsense.

Does all rather seem to point in that direction. That being said, weren't Chelsea in a worse situation in October after we beat them 3-0?! All turned out well there
    Practically the same team that had recently won the league though

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Practically the same team that had recently won the league though
    FA Cup winners 2018 then

Yes, but then they didnt have a manager with a 21 year record of doing the same thing over and over again in response to problems.

This is nothing we havent seen before. Expect the same response- nothing.

Things will pick up once we have some easier games. First of all he can revert to his beloved back four. At least Wenger will then be happy.