Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gibbs gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yes, he always respects his contract. Even if that were to mean losing 4-0 every week and going down two divisions, one suspects.

Didn't Ivan put the ball into the fans' court during one of the previous slumps by saying that Arsene was ultuimately accountable to the fans? Implying that he (Gazidis) certainly can't remove Arsene, and Stan won't. So muggy banners and Wenger Out chants it must be, then.

Thing is, many people at the ground still have too much respect for The Mad King to wish to slay him like that. We might actually have to wait for him to die.
    Well, it appears that Ivan and co tried to catalyse the change that he promised but was rebuked at every turn by Wenger. Shows who is really the boss.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Yes, he always respects his contract. Even if that were to mean losing 4-0 every week and going down two divisions, one suspects.

Didn't Ivan put the ball into the fans' court during one of the previous slumps by saying that Arsene was ultuimately accountable to the fans? Implying that he (Gazidis) certainly can't remove Arsene, and Stan won't. So muggy banners and Wenger Out chants it must be, then.

Thing is, many people at the ground still have too much respect for The Mad King to wish to slay him like that. We might actually have to wait for him to die.
    I think when he spoke of the supporters he meant that Arsene's position would be in jeopardy if people stopped buying tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I think when he spoke of the supporters he meant that Arsene's position would be in jeopardy if people stopped buying tickets.
    Well, I've already decided that I might give Doncaster a swerve in the Rumbelows. That'll show 'em.

ST holders don't want to give them up though, as you know. There's always hope that they might be useful again one day.

Well, I've already decided that I might give Doncaster a swerve in the Rumbelows. That'll show 'em.

ST holders don't want to give them up though, as you know. There's always hope that they might be useful again one day.
    Right. It's what sons are for.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

They could at least stop buying food and drink in the ground. That'll learn 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I rather thought he meant the fans in China, but they all paid up in full and upfront, didn't they
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Has to happen sometime, doesn't really matter when. The interesting thing is what will happen by October/ November if we are in the bottom four/five and still looking a shambles. I dont expect that but when you look at our away games for the next 6 weeks....... Sunday is definitely going to happen again, and pretty soon.
    Anything is possible. we could win our next 5* or lose 3 of our next 5 and pick up only 1 win.

* The odds on that are slimmer than the other options imo
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman