Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Did a reccy of the Kent coast this weekend with a view to a permanent move

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Did she smell of cabbage?
    No, she smelt of Miss Dior, I believe.

She was utterly fúcking mental. Attacked me with a bread knife once, and that wasn't even a particularly outrageous incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I lived in Ramsgate for a brief period in the 80s. It was minging and smelt of cabbage.

The chick, on the other hand, was filth personified
    Ramsgate's gone all gentrified in recent years. I imagine your erstwhile chick has been forced out to Margate or Herne Hill, most likely into a life of prostitution.

It's about to open the world's largest Wetherspoons on the seafront, with a huge sun terrace. It's actually been quite charmingly and thoughtfully done.

People always say that about places like Essex and Kent as though it's somehow anomalous when of course it isn't. They of course forget that large parts of Kent and Essex are populated by people who have fled from parts of London and the South East that are now largely dominated by immigrants and would prefer that this process doesn't spread to where they now live.
    Right. Folk left behind in urban areas need to believe that so they can continue to feel superior. It's mostly sour grapes and #fakenews though.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

No, she smelt of Miss Dior, I believe.

She was utterly fúcking mental. Attacked me with a bread knife once, and that wasn't even a particularly outrageous incident.
    Ah, they're never serious when they come at you with a bread knife in my experience. The serrated edge speaks of a largely symbolic threat.

If they've got hold of one of the Globals or a Wusthof, on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Ramsgate's gone all gentrified in recent years. I imagine your erstwhile chick has been forced out to Margate or Herne Hill, most likely into a life of prostitution.

It's about to open the world's largest Wetherspoons on the seafront, with a huge sun terrace. It's actually been quite charmingly and thoughtfully done.
    Right. One assumes Margate is still a total fùcking kip, though, yes?

Right. One assumes Margate is still a total fùcking kip, though, yes?
    Yes. We planned to spend the day there yesterday, but after driving along the seafront looking for parking we'd seen more than enough and drove straight out again.

She married a banker and moved to Singapore.

Are you suggesting that Wetherspoons has created something charming? Fúck off.

Ah, they're never serious when they come at you with a bread knife in my experience. The serrated edge speaks of a largely symbolic threat.

If they've got hold of one of the Globals or a Wusthof, on the other hand...
    The occasion she bit my finger down to the bone seemed to show some serious intent.

The occasion she bit my finger down to the bone seemed to show some serious intent.
    There are worse things she could have bitten, tbf.

Yes. We planned to spend the day there yesterday, but after driving along the seafront looking for parking we'd seen more than enough and drove straight out again.
    Tracy Emin came from Margate. That is enough to condemn it in my mind.