Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did a reccy of the Kent coast this weekend with a view to a permanent move

Did a reccy of the Kent coast this weekend with a view to a permanent move

Stayed in Ramsgate and also took in Broadstairs, Deal, Margate and Herne Bay.

Broadstairs is rather charming, I must say. Margate is still an absolute hole.

I just don’t know, man. Can I bring myself to give up Hampstead Heath, Mesut Ozil and a 30 min tube ride from Central London for a massive fúck off house by the seaside?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

I just don’t know, man. Can I bring myself to give up Hampstead Heath, Mesut Ozil and a 30 min tube ride from Central London for a massive fúck off house by the seaside?
    Plus apart from the expense () a lot of the commuter train routes get in faster to London or not much longer than your current tube journey.

Do it man London is getting worse brother.

I saw some Eastern European gypsies having a barbecue in the middle of a quiet residential North London road.

In the nicest possble way, you do strike me as the sort of chap who will spend the rest of his life moaning about how parochial and lacking in amenities anywhere outside London is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Plus apart from the expense () a lot of the commuter train routes get in faster to London or not much longer than your current tube journey.

Do it man London is getting worse brother.

I saw some Eastern European gypsies having a barbecue in the middle of a quiet residential North London road.

I think there's only one fast train a day into London from most of these towns, and they tend to be very early in the morning for commuters.

I think there's only one fast train a day into London from most of these towns, and they tend to be very early in the morning for commuters.
    I think a bit longer on a train each day is better in the long run if you have more space and piece and quiet in your free time.

Hopefully out of London simple things are a bit quicker. Like a simple trip shopping on a weekend here can take up a majority of the day with all the traffic and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    In the nicest possble way, you do strike me as the sort of chap who will spend the rest of his life moaning about how parochial and lacking in amenities anywhere outside London is.
    Well on a day to day basis I'm pretty low-maintenance in terms of my needs. It's not like I'm living it up in London every day, And we'd be close enough for regular trips in anyway, so I don't think I'd feel too deprived.

On another note, it is a bit weird how an area with literally no ethnics or immigrants became a UKIP heartland.

Please move away

I lived in Ramsgate for a brief period in the 80s. It was minging and smelt of cabbage.

The chick, on the other hand, was filth personified

Well on a day to day basis I'm pretty low-maintenance in terms of my needs. It's not like I'm living it up in London every day, And we'd be close enough for regular trips in anyway, so I don't think I'd feel too deprived.

On another note, it is a bit weird how an area with literally no ethnics or immigrants became a UKIP heartland.
    People always say that about places like Essex and Kent as though it's somehow anomalous when of course it isn't. They of course forget that large parts of Kent and Essex are populated by people who have fled from parts of London and the South East that are now largely dominated by immigrants and would prefer that this process doesn't spread to where they now live.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I lived in Ramsgate for a brief period in the 80s. It was minging and smelt of cabbage.

The chick, on the other hand, was filth personified
    Did she smell of cabbage?