Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Those of you bemoaning that there are "two more years of this" need to

Those of you bemoaning that there are "two more years of this" need to

understand that there will be many more years of this. As many as Wenger has to live in fact. He will never relinquish his post voluntarily and Stan certainly won't sanction his removal.

I believe that even if we were relegated the soppy old french tit would blag his way out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    understand that there will be many more years of this. As many as Wenger has to live in fact. He will never relinquish his post voluntarily and Stan certainly won't sanction his removal.

I believe that even if we were relegated the soppy old french tit would blag his way out of it.
    Nah.... that isn't going to happen. His failure is already have a financial impact and that will become clearer over the next two years. Stan might not care about the football but he certainly cares about his asset.

Two years, then we are in the clear. There may even be a chance of it happening sooner but I doubt it. I think we will recover and finish a respectable 5th or 6th. Maybe 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Nah.... that isn't going to happen. His failure is already have a financial impact and that will become clearer over the next two years. Stan might not care about the football but he certainly cares about his asset.

Two years, then we are in the clear. There may even be a chance of it happening sooner but I doubt it. I think we will recover and finish a respectable 5th or 6th. Maybe 8th.
    To be fair to Wenger, why wouldn't he sign the contract? A pay rise, two more years, no real expectations, free reign of the club and one other key consideration, the other offers he might have on the table, assuming there were any?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Wishful thinking p. The old charlatan is about to show a transfer window surplus. Stan will be delighted.

And don't forget that, even if Wenger quits, it will take at least five years to expunge his DNA from the club. The lack of discipline runs deep in the club's fabric now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    To be fair to Wenger, why wouldn't he sign the contract? A pay rise, two more years, no real expectations, free reign of the club and one other key consideration, the other offers he might have on the table, assuming there were any?
    Because it looks like being a lot less fun than previously. I would imagine he is already regretting it. I would be.

Because it looks like being a lot less fun than previously. I would imagine he is already regretting it. I would be.
    Yeah, but what else is He going to do. Retire? He says He doesn't want to.

Anyway, it's all the same to Him. As I say, He's a professional so it's all about processes, rather than results.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I guess that sitting at home doing nothing was not as preferable to signing a new contract. My point being that I suspect, had he had a viable offer, he would have gone. Were there any other offers on the table?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I guess that sitting at home doing nothing was not as preferable to signing a new contract. My point being that I suspect, had he had a viable offer, he would have gone. Were there any other offers on the table?
    That's easy; it's hard to imagine a comparable offer or deal elsewhere. His position at the Arse is practically bulletproof.

Unlike your mum's arse obviously.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

You make a fair and valid pint r. His mum's arse

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's easy; it's hard to imagine a comparable offer or deal elsewhere. His position at the Arse is practically bulletproof.

Unlike your mum's arse obviously.
    far from being bullet proof is bullet friendly, so to speak, and the bigger the bullets the better she likes it

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yeah, but what else is He going to do. Retire? He says He doesn't want to.

Anyway, it's all the same to Him. As I say, He's a professional so it's all about processes, rather than results.
    He could have taken a role on a national team. He could have worked at a homeless shelter. He could have become a used car salesman. He could have done a Masters degree.

He could have just ****ed off and done a year of coke and hookers. THe opportunities are endless.

Instead he has two more years of being in a place where he is hated. If I want that all I have to do is go home to the wife