Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I made the sensible and mature decision to avoid that game like the plague

I made the sensible and mature decision to avoid that game like the plague

So I am in a relatively good mood. I also cant really comment on what happened but obviously i have seen it plenty of times before.

Everything else aside, you have to say that third goal was hilarious. The back line of our defence is 20 yards into the liverpool half leaving 60 yards off space behind them the second Bellerin miscontrols a header from our own corner.

In any league, at any level, that is so absurd that it defies belief. I once saw a pub player get punched in the face by his own captain for something similar.

Wenger's Arsenal at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    So I am in a relatively good mood. I also cant really comment on what happened but obviously i have seen it plenty of times before.

Everything else aside, you have to say that third goal was hilarious. The back line of our defence is 20 yards into the liverpool half leaving 60 yards off space behind them the second Bellerin miscontrols a header from our own corner.

In any league, at any level, that is so absurd that it defies belief. I once saw a pub player get punched in the face by his own captain for something similar.

I chose instead to watch the surprisingly enthralling test match. wd the Windies for actually making a game of what after the first test I'd assumed was going to be a cake walk.

If you're the last man, then you just don't take a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I chose instead to watch the surprisingly enthralling test match. wd the Windies for actually making a game of what after the first test I'd assumed was going to be a cake walk.
    It's a cracking test match, think we've done well to wrestle back control

I was engaged in smoking a pig's butt, having a swim, drinking champagne and enjoying the sunshine. It was a most pleasant afternoon. A glance at twitter, revealing the predictable meltdown of the demented, added a touch of amusement to proceedings.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    If you're the last man, then you just don't take a chance

I think the crucial point is why is the last man (two of them actually) standing 15 yards outside the opposition box. When did that become a good idea? And when the ball comes out to them they both move towards it

THease are the things you have to tell the slightly mental kid who turns up for a kick about one day. Even he normally gets it

Yes, that got rather interesting. With four wickets down I noted we were effectively 75-4. About normal then

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I was engaged in smoking a pig's butt, having a swim, drinking champagne and enjoying the sunshine. It was a most pleasant afternoon. A glance at twitter, revealing the predictable meltdown of the demented, added a touch of amusement to proceedings.
    Good lord. You actually used the pool?

Good lord. You actually used the pool?
    Yes, it's had a little use this summer, although my shoulder issues mean I can do little more than bob, really.

I went to one of London's parks and drank several beers and ciders then wondering why I did not feel anything I discovered non alocholic versions had been purchased

This is not typical behaviour for me.