Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So hopefully all of you learned something about Aaron Ramsey

So hopefully all of you learned something about Aaron Ramsey

and a Ramsey/Xhaka midfield yesterday. Both from the match itself and from Sky and BBC's coverage of it.

Although those of you who did clearly haven't been watching for the past 5 years and may well need a new hobby.

Did you hear TH after the match talking about Ramsey at WHL last year and the discussion he had with Wenger about his performance that day??

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Did you hear TH after the match talking about Ramsey at WHL last year and the discussion he had with Wenger about his performance that day??
    No actually, enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    No actually, enlighten me.
    Okay, now I am obviously paraphrasing me but TH mentioned he had a conversation with “the boss” about Ramsey’s performance at WHL last season in which he was guilty of the arguably careless forward charging runs he made yesterday (and many time before which you will have pointed out).

Wenger just agreed and stating that was exactly why he played him / exactly the way he had asked him to play.

By all means, and I won’t argue with you for a second on this one, criticise the player but the bigger issue is the tactical instruction from above.

TH has clearly accepted he won’t ever have a future in a coaching or managerial role at the club. He really went for it yesterday I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Okay, now I am obviously paraphrasing me but TH mentioned he had a conversation with “the boss” about Ramsey’s performance at WHL last season in which he was guilty of the arguably careless forward charging runs he made yesterday (and many time before which you will have pointed out).

Wenger just agreed and stating that was exactly why he played him / exactly the way he had asked him to play.

By all means, and I won’t argue with you for a second on this one, criticise the player but the bigger issue is the tactical instruction from above.

TH has clearly accepted he won’t ever have a future in a coaching or managerial role at the club. He really went for it yesterday I thought.
    There is no justification for the way he plays, SW. And I'm not just talking positionally.

He represents everything that is wrong with the team and the club generally right now. You know my views on this and Sunday was just another example.

Not to fear though, I'd be shocked if the SFC doesn't have the UWT back in the team sharpish.