Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Still scratching my head at that team selection yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    If I'm honest, BGS, we could buy Messi and I wouldn't really be interested. Who we sell or buy between now and Thursday strikes me as pretty irrelevant as long as Wenger is our manager.
    Yeah i don't really give a **** either anymore. Luckily we play on Sunday's quite a lot before christmas and that's my NFL day so Arsenal and Arsene can get ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Yeah i don't really give a **** either anymore. Luckily we play on Sunday's quite a lot before christmas and that's my NFL day so Arsenal and Arsene can get ****ed.
    How bout them Cowboys?

Who do you support, BGS?

Welbeck instead of Lacazette Holding who he dropped down to the U23s only a week ago instead of Mustafi Bellerin at LWB instead of Kolasinac Chamberlain even being in the team

They aren't even debatable ones either, they're ****ing mental.

Remember last year, when he said he would 'never forget' some of the protests against him? Is this his revenge? Is he going to sabotage a whole season as some sort of pay back? If he was I'd probably have more respect for him. At least it would explain a few things. As things stand it's just insane.

I felt last year that he lost the dressing room during that awful run. I see signs of that again already. Some players clearly don't buy into his management. Did they come back for pre-season, see that nothing was different and just down tools? How long can that be allowed to drag on for again? Is Wenger so untouchable, that it'll just be allowed to play out until there is a slight improvement?

Sad to see it happening all over again. Arsenal should be better than that, Wenger was better than that. Time for everyone to move on.

How bout them Cowboys?

Who do you support, BGS?
    Carolina Panthers. The 2020 got me into it by inviting me to a fantasy league in 2011 iirc and they've been my team since.

Carolina Panthers. The 2020 got me into it by inviting me to a fantasy league in 2011 iirc and they've been my team since.
    McCaffrey was a great pick, he'll make a difference to Cam. Not convinced on how Cam will do in a quick timing based offence and your secondary is suspect.

Still take your D over the Boys mind.

McCaffrey was a great pick, he'll make a difference to Cam. Not convinced on how Cam will do in a quick timing based offence and your secondary is suspect.

Still take your D over the Boys mind.
    I think Cam should be able to adjust, just worried about his shoulder after surgery. He's not really thrown all that much in pre-season and i reckon he'll be a bit rusty for the first few weeks. Our defense is great. The front 7 and linebackers are probably top 3 in the league but as you say the secondary is not very good. One of our corners (Bradberry) is really good but the no.2 corner and safeties are ****.

I think Cam should be able to adjust, just worried about his shoulder after surgery. He's not really thrown all that much in pre-season and i reckon he'll be a bit rusty for the first few weeks. Our defense is great. The front 7 and linebackers are probably top 3 in the league but as you say the secondary is not very good. One of our corners (Bradberry) is really good but the no.2 corner and safeties are ****.
    I liked McCaffrey but was surprised you didn't take Malik Hooker in the draft. Some had him rated as a blue chip safety and you can get RBs later in the draft.

Zeke's appeal is Tuesday, I'm not confident, sadly.

I liked McCaffrey but was surprised you didn't take Malik Hooker in the draft. Some had him rated as a blue chip safety and you can get RBs later in the draft.

Zeke's appeal is Tuesday, I'm not confident, sadly.
    They come down on you like a ton of bricks now if it's anything domestic abuse related. Although the guy chairing the appeal reduced Greg Hardy's ban from ten games to four. Although that was four or five years ago and they seem a lot stricter now. League image and all that.

They come down on you like a ton of bricks now if it's anything domestic abuse related. Although the guy chairing the appeal reduced Greg Hardy's ban from ten games to four. Although that was four or five years ago and they seem a lot stricter now. League image and all that.
    Yeah but that was before the league mandated a 6 game minimum ban for domestic abuse. Word in Dallas is that Zeke's lawyers may pull a Brady and sue the league if he loses the appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    The perseverance with an out of position Chamberlain, and the enforced resultant knock-on across the defence is just baffling.

He has allegedly said he does not want to stay and continue to play for the club, whatever about his professional attitude to his last 12 months but that is the crux of it. He is not such a good player – as one could argue with the other two – as to continue this stance of playing him in the hope that he suddenly thinks differently, which surely is what is happening.

You buy two assets to strengthen your team, both of whom have started their careers very promisingly, and then you leave them out for the first major top 6 clash – having hooked both of them last week when things were going wrong at Stoke. They weren’t even going that wrong, we just contrived to fúck up a game we should have won.

The midfield. Now forget individual opinions on the qualities or otherwise of the two players, but at some point you have to ask what managerial tactical instruction they are being given. Ramsey doesn’t just decide on his own will to charge into the most forward position in the team so early in matches, if he does he is told to stop, if he does not do so the manager acts. Bringing Coquelin from the bench is not the answer either, he is not good enough, he would not make the starting 11 of any side we are allegedly in competition with.

Ramsey is (correctly) getting abuse for having his back to play when the move for the first goal developed. He was talking to the bench. Now I assume he wasn’t asking for opinions on the finale of GOT so what was going on, tactical instructions, injury … whatever it was who on the bench thought it appropriate to have that chat as play went on behind them. Meanwhile Chamberlain was just walking away, in his own world.

It was a fúcking shambles really. Maybe not the worst in my ever but certainly the worst I can recall. Very good footballers looking like pub players, not one bar Cech has a shred of credit.

And now I expect we will sell our 35m German international defender in the next few days, the player we spent weeks chasing only 12 months ago.

I just don’t get it.

I think someone on here said that 3 at the back seems to have helped us stop being so easily counter attacked. I couldn't really see that as in all the games so far, we have been caught stone cold on the counter attack in every game. The problem is clearly how quickly we empty out the midfield. There is a total lack of discipline on the pitch so formation changes are not going to have a great deal of impact if we cannot do the basics. Referring more to Stoke and Leicester (which I watched), we conceded goals because we gave the ball away and we were very quickly outnumbered in the final third. I can only assume that yesterday was more of the same?

I see Ramsey getting lots of **** but Xhaka loses his position very easily as well. He was brilliant in the cup final and did everything correctly but seems to have gone back to the indiscipline he showed far too frequently last season. If Ramsey is going to go forward, Xhaka must stay put. This is what does not seem to be happening. Of course there are serious question marks about why Ramsey is bombing forward at Liverpool at 0-0 when we are struggling to get a foothold in the game?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman