Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tapas. The correct choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Fair to say my chances of getting any work done this afternoons on are receding

Attachment 718
    There you are, you see. You've actually gone native.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I discovered this in Sevilla, it is now my favourite Tapas dish:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...0MiCpL7kmnuYoQ

Although I'm not convinced it will export well to the UK.
    Absolutely. Had it myself. Like all really good Spanish food, it's just nice ingredients and not much fannying about.

It would be rubbish here. You need sunshine for it to work.

Absolutely. Had it myself. Like all really good Spanish food, it's just nice ingredients and not much fannying about.

It would be rubbish here. You need sunshine for it to work.
    Yes, I was told that they used a specific type of Spanish potatoe that you rarely see outside Spain. They also boil them in a stock of some kind with the skins on before removing them. I expect none of those things would happen in most Tapas bars in the UK.

I had it rustic stylee in an old world Tapas bar where it had large chunks of potatoe and then pureed in a modern Tapas bar, both outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    There you are, you see. You've actually gone native.
    To be fair, Germans aren't notable for their productivity on Friday afternoons, either

Yes, I was told that they used a specific type of Spanish potatoe that you rarely see outside Spain. They also boil them in a stock of some kind with the skins on before removing them. I expect none of those things would happen in most Tapas bars in the UK.

I had it rustic stylee in an old world Tapas bar where it had large chunks of potatoe and then pureed in a modern Tapas bar, both outstanding.
    I think the potato would be something akin to la ratte, which you can get over here.

To be fair, Germans aren't notable for their productivity on Friday afternoons, either
    In fairness, neither am I. Didn't even know it was Friday
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

I discovered this in Sevilla, it is now my favourite Tapas dish:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...0MiCpL7kmnuYoQ

Although I'm not convinced it will export well to the UK.
    Surely you forget the almejas con jerez, not to mention the polpo alla griglia?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I forget neither. It's nothing more than potatoe salad with vinegar and tuna (or sardines in the modern place) and yet somehow I just couldn't stop eating it, it was so good. Even better than jamon iberico which I actually find you can get tired of pretty quickly.

It's genius is its simplicity. My kind of food.

I forget neither. It's nothing more than potatoe salad with vinegar and tuna (or sardines in the modern place) and yet somehow I just couldn't stop eating it, it was so good. Even better than jamon iberico which I actually find you can get tired of pretty quickly.

It's genius is its simplicity. My kind of food.
    Yeah, it's basically the same as my mother-in-law's old Bavarian recipe which she prepares for us each Silvester. It's eaten with loads of enormous Bockwurst though, rather than oily fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Polpo alla griglia ain't Spanish. I suspect it ain't even what you think it is.