Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cook gone early.

Cook gone early.

Now he's out of the way, there's a decent chance for the new bugs to impress.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Now he's out of the way, there's a decent chance for the new bugs to impress.
    With the additional bonus that I no longer have to watch the fûcker bat

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    With the additional bonus that I no longer have to watch the fûcker bat
    I rather like him, proper opener

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Sure, but he makes Graeme Smith look like a stylist.

Well as I'm at work and not watching, I was rather opening he'd rack up a big score and then I can watch the more aesthetically pleasing players later/tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Right, agreed.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Sure, but he makes Graeme Smith look like a stylist.
    See what I mean; Westley out, plump in front.

See what I mean; Westley out, plump in front.
    England's top order consists of Cook, Root and three walking wickets I'm afraid.

Maybe Stoneman can prove me wrong.

England's top order consists of Cook, Root and three walking wickets I'm afraid.

Maybe Stoneman can prove me wrong.
    Well, quite. So we need more of Cook's sort, not less. This is to be encouraged, cherished.

Well, quite. So we need more of Cook's sort, not less. This is to be encouraged, cherished.
    I don't dispute his value, but watching him bat is a sore trial as he nudges and pushes in between playing his four shots.