Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Blimey, we could end up with Marseille, Hoffenheim and AEK.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You always cheer me up on a Friday R. Thank you.
    I knew you'd enjoy that one.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

What has the FA Cup go to do with anything?
    If it makes you feel any better, mate, I'm awfully intelligent and very well educated and when I read Monty's reply the only thing that came to my mind was 'that reply is utterly devoid of any logic whatsoever, good thing big nose writes photo captions for a living'.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, mate, I'm awfully intelligent and very well educated and when I read Monty's reply the only thing that came to my mind was 'that reply is utterly devoid of any logic whatsoever, good thing big nose writes photo captions for a living'.
    Well, I'm as thick as pig**** and very poorly-educated too, but I've had a good, long look at M's post and I reckon it means that as the Europa League is considered to be basically a pan-European version of the FA Cup, Wenger could quite reasonably be expected to repeat His success in the latter competition in the former.

It probably doesn't though
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Well, I'm as thick as pig**** and very poorly-educated too, but I've had a good, long look at M's post and I reckon it means that as the Europa League is considered to be basically a pan-European version of the FA Cup, Wenger could quite reasonably be expected to repeat His success in the latter competition in the former.

It probably doesn't though
    Winning the FA Cup takes six games, of which about two might be against good sides. They are single-legged and involve no travel of thousands of miles, or the ritual humiliation of the thursday-sunday cycle (I have no idea if that makes a difference or not tbh). A lot more games than that in the Europa Tournament, and some decent-ish sides joining the knockout stages.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Winning the FA Cup takes six games, of which about two might be against good sides. They are single-legged and involve no travel of thousands of miles, or the ritual humiliation of the thursday-sunday cycle (I have no idea if that makes a difference or not tbh). A lot more games than that in the Europa Tournament, and some decent-ish sides joining the knockout stages.
    And we are shít A, never forget that.

#wengerout

I thought the issue was with quality and status though, rather than scheduling? The tiredness cannot conceivably be a problem as we apparently have an enormous squad.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I thought the issue was with quality and status though, rather than scheduling? The tiredness cannot conceivably be a problem as we apparently have an enormous squad.
    Maybe. Look, I'd rather agree with you tbh than that preening, arrogant septic up there who thinks a physics degree qualifies him to be an expert on football. Fact is none of us or the club or the players have any experience in this tournament. It is literally a step into the unknown. Especially Belarus.

Oh, and btw WES, Aaron Ramsey plays further up front in the second half under instructions from Le Boss, not under his own steam.

Maybe. Look, I'd rather agree with you tbh than that preening, arrogant septic up there who thinks a physics degree qualifies him to be an expert on football. Fact is none of us or the club or the players have any experience in this tournament. It is literally a step into the unknown. Especially Belarus.

Oh, and btw WES, Aaron Ramsey plays further up front in the second half under instructions from Le Boss, not under his own steam.
    Decent lads, your White Russians; brave and strong. Can't shoot for **** though

And who said that about Rambo?

And we are shít A, never forget that.

#wengerout
    If we can be bothered, we should win it fairly easily, no alarms. However, what if Wenger was right when He said that Arsenal players are simply not interested in the Europa League, that it is not why they join us

Decent read that.