Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blimey, we could end up with Marseille, Hoffenheim and AEK.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No it's not. It involves tedious games against tedious foreign sides and it goes on for-fvcking-ever.

Fvck European football, p. I hate it.
    Its all those things AND a top four trophy. This is european football where we could actually win some games. Its different.

THe only downside is if we do win it we end up in the ****ing champions league again

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I do wish they'd just stuck with European Cup, UEFA Cup and Cup Winners Cup, was much better
    I wish they'd just stuck with straight knockout tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I do wish they'd just stuck with European Cup, UEFA Cup and Cup Winners Cup, was much better
    It led to too much talk about which was the ****test one. At least now that is clearer- one for the good teams, one for the pub teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Its all those things AND a top four trophy. This is european football where we could actually win some games. Its different.

THe only downside is if we do win it we end up in the ****ing champions league again
    Surely by now people must have started to notice that the Champion's League is sh1t?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    But its better than the top four trophy. Not only do you get an actual trophy but you get straight into the CL group stage. Its basically a top three trophy.
    It's like two trophies, in other words.

I forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Surely that's exactly what we ought to do in order that we get knocked out of the poxy thing as early as possible?
    This may be so. My point, however, was more that teams such as these could give a reserve team a very serious hiding, which would be embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    was remotely interested, actually win the fúcking thing?

Not exactly. The point was that, however unlikely, I fear it may be more likely than finishing fourth.

But yes, we could possibly win it. It is full of **** teams and some of the good ones don't take it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It's like two trophies, in other words.

I forgot about that.
    A double, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    This may be so. My point, however, was more that teams such as these could give a reserve team a very serious hiding, which would be embarrassing.
    I would give nary a fvck, tbh. It's no more embarrassing than losing a League Cup game against some nobodies because you've wheeled out the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    United lost 2 group games and still won the group by 5 points, I think we'd have to try exceptionally hard not to make it out of the group stages