Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AW Wasn't exactly in denial mode when asked about Mustafi leaving

AW Wasn't exactly in denial mode when asked about Mustafi leaving

either he has a new CB planned or his master plan is to play fullbacks in as many positions as possble
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    either he has a new CB planned or his master plan is to play fullbacks in as many positions as possble
    The new CB is called Holding imo. Chambers will stick around.

This is all very strange. a week left and we are still ****ing about.
    No doubt we'll sell but then there 'won't be enough time' to get replacements.

Anyway Lacazette was clearly signed as Sanchez's replacement, It wasn't a direct like for like player but if sanchez goes I don't think we'll be signing a big name.

Like when we sold Podolski I knew all along he was brought in to replace van Persie.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

Anyway Lacazette was clearly signed as Sanchez's replacement, It wasn't a direct like for like player but if sanchez goes I don't think we'll be signing a big name.

Like when we sold Podolski I knew all along he was brought in to replace van Persie.
    *Bought* Podolski, Don't you mean? And Giroud.

Giroud actually auto-corrects as "Girlie". Very unfair, I think.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Exactly, my posts are like jazz,

lunch, what is good for?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    He sounds like a man who is fúcking deluded.

The sales pitch to Chamberlain is embarrassing. We should not be grovelling to the bang average shít****.

“In all the conversations that I have had, I say that I want him to stay and be one of the big players of the future of this club,” Wenger said. “He is one of the players this team has to be built around in the future. Personally, I want him to commit to the club and be one of the carriers of the values of our team. I want to keep my best players. I only have one target – to keep everybody on board. I think we invested a lot of time, confidence and money on players like Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, who we bought at a young age. For me, they have a responsibility for the future of this club because Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will be one of the big English players in the coming years. I, personally, am highly determined to keep him here at the club and I hope he will commit.”

Then on Lemar. Fair enough to try and move on from it but if you take the last sentence as read then why would we be offering 50m in the first place.

“It’s dead because Monaco have closed the door,” Wenger said. “They are still on cases like Mbappé and Fabinho [in terms of selling them]. They’ve already lost Mendy, Bernardo Silva and Bakayoko, so Monaco is at a stage where they have closed the door. Is it a frustration? We have the numbers and we have the quality to deal with that."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

The sales pitch to Chamberlain is embarrassing. We should not be grovelling to the bang average shít****.

“In all the conversations that I have had, I say that I want him to stay and be one of the big players of the future of this club,” Wenger said. “He is one of the players this team has to be built around in the future. Personally, I want him to commit to the club and be one of the carriers of the values of our team. I want to keep my best players. I only have one target – to keep everybody on board. I think we invested a lot of time, confidence and money on players like Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, who we bought at a young age. For me, they have a responsibility for the future of this club because Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will be one of the big English players in the coming years. I, personally, am highly determined to keep him here at the club and I hope he will commit.”

Then on Lemar. Fair enough to try and move on from it but if you take the last sentence as read then why would we be offering 50m in the first place.

“It’s dead because Monaco have closed the door,” Wenger said. “They are still on cases like Mbappé and Fabinho [in terms of selling them]. They’ve already lost Mendy, Bernardo Silva and Bakayoko, so Monaco is at a stage where they have closed the door. Is it a frustration? We have the numbers and we have the quality to deal with that."
    See also 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.

Why is anyone surprised by this? We've been watching it for 7 years or so.

No
    Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Simply because you always want to improve, if you can. There's no club in football that can have every player they want to buy, so you still have to get the best out of what you have.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

Asked whether Sanchez would be an Arsenal player on 1st September Wenger replied 'Yes.'

He clearly isn't going to let him leave, Fash. He gets very angry when people still ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Asked whether Sanchez would be an Arsenal player on 1st September Wenger replied 'Yes.'

He clearly isn't going to let him leave, Fash. He gets very angry when people still ask.
    People will believe that when they see it, imo. There is too much previous there.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    People will believe that when they see it, imo. There is too much previous there.
    He has never been so consistently vociferous in the past, though. We've not sold our best players for a few years. And when we did it was when the club was in a poor financial state.

He even said that just because Sanchez is in the final 12 months of his contract that it will be impossible to renew it.