Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I see cyclists are getting outraged because a cyclist who knowingly rode an unsafe

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Hard to prove that him not having a front brake constitutes an act that was likely to cause death
    Driving a bicycle into someone at over 20k, knocking her onto the floor and killing her was likely to cause death though. You take your victims as you find them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Driving a bicycle into someone at over 20k, knocking her onto the floor and killing her was likely to cause death though. You take your victims as you find them.
    But as PSRB said, they looked at all evidence and found him nto guilty.... if he had come off his bike and died and she had lived would she have been done for Manslaughter as she crossed the road without looking??
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Hard to prove that him not having a front brake constitutes an act that was likely to cause death
    Well apart from someone being dead as a likely consequence, yes.

To my mind, what he did is no different to me going out driving at high speeds while knowing my car's brakes were fúcked and killing someone. Whether that's manslaughter or not I don't know, but it's certainly utterly reprehensible.

But as PSRB said, they looked at all evidence and found him nto guilty.... if he had come off his bike and died and she had lived would she have been done for Manslaughter as she crossed the road without looking??
    Crossing the road without looking is not a criminal offence

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

To my mind, what he did is no different to me going out driving at high speeds while knowing my car's brakes were fúcked and killing someone. Whether that's manslaughter or not I don't know, but it's certainly utterly reprehensible.
    Which is why he is likely to get a couple of years in jail
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Which is why he is likely to get a couple of years in jail
    Not enough for the ghastly little shīt.

Perhaps it was one of those cool new-fangled push bikes with no brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Perhaps it was one of those cool new-fangled push bikes with no brakes.
    It was. They're illegal on the road and can only be sold for track use.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

The brakes were not ****ed. The bike was, as you say below, not for road use and not even equipped with suitable brakes.

Seems the equivalent of you driving a stock car down the A10 and mowing someone down...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The brakes were not ****ed. The bike was, as you say below, not for road use and not even equipped with suitable brakes.

Seems the equivalent of you driving a stock car down the A10 and mowing someone down...
    No. The brakes were non-existent, which is illegal and, according to crash experts and the judge, if he had had a front brake and used it, the woman would still be alive.