Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Segregated train carriages to protect women from sexual assault?

Segregated train carriages to protect women from sexual assault?

Eh? When did men start sexually assaulting women on trains willy-nilly? I've been using trains for 40 years and I've never sexually assaulted any women, and I've known women all my life and never met one who was sexually assaulted on a train.

Is it a recent phenomenon? Are millenials out of control gropers?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Eh? When did men start sexually assaulting women on trains willy-nilly? I've been using trains for 40 years and I've never sexually assaulted any women, and I've known women all my life and never met one who was sexually assaulted on a train.

Can I have a separate carriage to mad Norwegians?

Bring back carriages, imo

I assume that it's individuals from the Muslim communities that are doing this?* As you say, I have never witnessed a sexual assault on a train, or indeed anywhere else.

* This is not hate speech. Just based on the well publicised issues experienced in Germany and Scandinavian countries.

Actually I had a face to face chat with two women about this exact issue a few weeks back, both of whom I respect and are far removed from the feminazi stereotype. Both of their experiences seems to suggest that harassment on public transport (ranging from men subtly rubbing up against them to full blown wan***g) is actually disturbingly common. They claim that every woman will have experienced something along this spectrum at least once.

All that matters is that they are doing it, and it needs to STOP. Separate carriages is a great idea.

Of course, women will still be allowed to travel in the male carriages (why should a woman be delayed because of RAPISTS). It is only men that will be barred from half the train.

Its like Rosa Parks all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Actually I had a face to face chat with two women about this exact issue a few weeks back, both of whom I respect and are far removed from the feminazi stereotype. Both of their experiences seems to suggest that harassment on public transport (ranging from men subtly rubbing up against them to full blown wan***g) is actually disturbingly common. They claim that every woman will have experienced something along this spectrum at least once.

Yes, but they'd both travelled with you, hadn't they?

I had a face to face with a woman on a train it may have caused this whole movement.

To be honest, even leering at them must make them feel incredibly uncomfortable. And women have an amazing sense of when you are looking at them, no matter how subtle you think you are being.

Statistically, some people on here must have sexually assaulted a women. Come on, who was it? Own up!

Yes, but they'd both travelled with you, hadn't they?
    I shall admit that I did masturbate on public transport once. I was travelling from Peru to Bolivia on an overnight bus and was at the back, which was mainly empty. it was the middle of the night and I couldn't sleep. One thing led to another, and the rest is history.

On the same trip, my friend had a wánk in the Maracana, the fúcking freak.