Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Builder types: What's so valuable or special about spirit levels?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    My mate who knows about this stuff has text me back.

'When you are a builder you pay for your tools, you take the spirit level home as it doesn't fit in your lock box'
    Robbery of builders tools, often from their van, is in fact a very lucrative black market business as they can easily be sold on within a very short period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Robbery of builders tools, often from their van, is in fact a very lucrative black market business as they can easily be sold on within a very short period of time.
    Anyone who has a sign saying that no tools are kept in their van overnight DEFINITELY has tools in their van overnight imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Anyone who has a sign saying that no tools are kept in their van overnight DEFINITELY has tools in their van overnight imo.
    Quite. Simply trying too hard.

This type of robbery is rife in Ireland and I believe, knowing of some chaps at my football club who have fallen victim, it is quite the loss to the builder type as basically he is unable to work the next day resulting in a loss of earnings and a resultant large outlay to replace said items.

I expect Sir C to have a comment to make here.

Quite. Simply trying too hard.

This type of robbery is rife in Ireland and I believe, knowing of some chaps at my football club who have fallen victim, it is quite the loss to the builder type as basically he is unable to work the next day resulting in a loss of earnings and a resultant large outlay to replace said items.

I expect Sir C to have a comment to make here.
    It's a tragic situation, sw. Very sad indeed.

I assume the victim simply calls the EU grant hotline and gets showered in more UK taxpayers' money?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's a tragic situation, sw. Very sad indeed.

I assume the victim simply calls the EU grant hotline and gets showered in more UK taxpayers' money?
    No, I think the prescribed course of events is that they ring An Garda Siochana and inform them of the crime, AGS then sympathise and tell them that they know who is responsible, normally travellers, but inform the victim that they can't do anything in the absence of evidence.

No, I think the prescribed course of events is that they ring An Garda Siochana and inform them of the crime, AGS then sympathise and tell them that they know who is responsible, normally travellers, but inform the victim that they can't do anything in the absence of evidence.
    Surely you have exported these travellers to our fair shores? The bástards appear to be everywhere.

Surely you have exported these travellers to our fair shores? The bástards appear to be everywhere.
    I believe a lot of yours are your own.

Irish parentage perhaps but Brits like you and B.

There is one family near me of these types I believe.

The had some sort of wedding and they were all wearing peculiar blue suits.

There is one family near me of these types I believe.

The had some sort of wedding and they were all wearing peculiar blue suits.
    I believe blue suits are quite fashionable.

FTR I don't wear suits. Had one one about 4 years ago for a funeral, not since.

It's the one tool you will see them take home with them but don't be carrying anything else apart from an energy drink in the morning and beer on the way home.

Why is this, why not leave it at work?
    I found a top qualitee Spirit Level on some steps once
    It has TWO spirit level bubble things
    One for vertical and another for horizontal
    10 characters? Pile of cund.