Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm in Glasgow, yes, f*cking Glasgow, the greyest city in the world

I'm in Glasgow, yes, f*cking Glasgow, the greyest city in the world

and to make matters worse, I just paid for lunch with 20 pounds sterling and received change in what appears to be some form of Scotch currency.

Is it worth anything outside of Jockland?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    and to make matters worse, I just paid for lunch with 20 pounds sterling and received change in what appears to be some form of Scotch currency.

You won't be use to getting change out of a £20 for lunch
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

You'll have to take it to a bank to get it changed for real money.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You'll have to take it to a bank to get it changed for real money.
    No, your average shopkeeper will gladly take it once you point out them in a polite manner that the money is sterling.

A common problem back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    No, your average shopkeeper will gladly take it once you point out them in a polite manner that the money is sterling.

A common problem back in the day.
    I've disliked scotch currency since a day in my youth when I got into an altercation with a scotchman after he overheard me make some disparaging remark in response to a friend of mine claiming that the Highland clearances had 'destroyed Scottish culture'. I opined that Scottish culture at that time consisted of living on a hillside and shagging your sister. Our scotch friend took umbrage at this, got up and started waving a scotch fiver in my face and claiming that people like me would 'turn the place intae fùckin' Bosnia' or some such guttural nonsense. All very ugly and unnecessary, of course, but that's the scotch for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I've disliked scotch currency since a day in my youth when I got into an altercation with a scotchman after he overheard me make some disparaging remark in response to a friend of mine claiming that the Highland clearances had 'destroyed Scottish culture'. I opined that Scottish culture at that time consisted of living on a hillside and shagging your sister. Our scotch friend took umbrage at this, got up and started waving a scotch fiver in my face and claiming that people like me would 'turn the place intae fùckin' Bosnia' or some such guttural nonsense. All very ugly and unnecessary, of course, but that's the scotch for you.
    You don't think you share in the responsibility for this unsavoury incident at all, Burney?

You don't think you share in the responsibility for this unsavoury incident at all, Burney?
    Not at all. I can't help it if the fellow couldn't take his banter, can I?

Not at all. I can't help it if the fellow couldn't take his banter, can I?
    Yes, I suppose the Jocks aren't exactly known for being open to anti-Jock banter. Miserable f*ckers that they are.

I've now been here for approximately 26 hours and I don't think I've seen one of them smile.

Yes, I suppose the Jocks aren't exactly known for being open to anti-Jock banter. Miserable f*ckers that they are.

I've now been here for approximately 26 hours and I don't think I've seen one of them smile.
    To be fair, why would they? They've got a life expectancy of about 43 and they live in Glasgow.

To be fair, why would they? They've got a life expectancy of about 43 and they live in Glasgow.
    And they have seen WES
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar