Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The break down of law part 2. Yesterday my wife was pruning her roses in the front

The break down of law part 2. Yesterday my wife was pruning her roses in the front

garden and was approached by two northern dirt bags who claimed to be selling dish cloths as part of some kind of rehabilitation scheme having been recently released from prison (you know the thing).

My wife is a very polite and gentle person and when she very politely declined they became surly and threatening in their demeanour. She saw them later knocking on doors and looking through windows. Until 10 years ago we had a beat copper and he would be onto these ****s as soon as they set foot off the train. He's gone now of course and there appears to be no money to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    garden and was approached by two northern dirt bags who claimed to be selling dish cloths as part of some kind of rehabilitation scheme having been recently released from prison (you know the thing).

My wife is a very polite and gentle person and when she very politely declined they became surly and threatening in their demeanour. She saw them later knocking on doors and looking through windows. Until 10 years ago we had a beat copper and he would be onto these ****s as soon as they set foot off the train. He's gone now of course and there appears to be no money to replace him.
    They need to work on their sales pitch imo. 'We've just got out of prison and...' is not a good opening gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    They need to work on their sales pitch imo. 'We've just got out of prison and...' is not a good opening gambit.
    I had some fella say that to me when he was asking for money. 'I just got out of prison' 'I've done my time' 'I'm looking for £13 so I can sleep tonight' 'I don't want to reoffend'

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I had some fella say that to me when he was asking for money. 'I just got out of prison' 'I've done my time' 'I'm looking for £13 so I can sleep tonight' 'I don't want to reoffend'

13 quid? Cheeky cùnt!

I quite like the implied threat of 'I don't want to reoffend', though. Subtle, that.

They need to think of something better to sell. Who in their right mind will buy a dishcloth from someone on the street??! Even if they were told it was to save fox cubs from having their dens dug up by housing developers.

Buy some wine at £10 a bottle and sell at £15. If people are running low they will buy there and then to save the inconvenience of a trip to the shop.

13 quid? Cheeky cùnt!

I quite like the implied threat of 'I don't want to reoffend', though. Subtle, that.
    He was all talk I didn't give him anything as I don't carry any money.

I saw 2 tramps having a bit of a fight last week. there was the usual drugged out scruffy bloke arguing with the ridiculously twitchy odd shaped Gypsy type. 'OUTSIDE OF TESCOS IS MY PATCH PISS OFF'

I remember the good old days when your local dodgy geezer would knock on your door and be selling some nice gear he got off the back of a catalogue delivery truck. They need to up their game.

By the way, I think we've all done very well not to refer to h's missus trimming her wildly overgrown bush.

wd everyone. I feel we've grown as a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I remember the good old days when your local dodgy geezer would knock on your door and be selling some nice gear he got off the back of a catalogue delivery truck. They need to up their game.
    I had a chap knock on my door trying to sell me massive polystyrene boxes of frozen fish. What the fück am I going to do with 50 frozen haddock fillets, ffs?

By the way, I think we've all done very well not to refer to h's missus trimming her wildly overgrown bush.

wd everyone. I feel we've grown as a group.
    I was about do just that. But now you've spoiled it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."