Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blokes on moped mounted the curb and snatched the missus's phone this morning

Blokes on moped mounted the curb and snatched the missus's phone this morning

Rode off and gave her a cheery wave, the cheeky wee scamps.

Three police officers came round to do their thing. Turns out they are legally not allowed to chase people on bikes in case they fall off. Hence, an epidemic of phone snatchings across the capital.

Least it wasn't acid, 'spose. I'd have had to dump her.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

Three police officers came round to do their thing. Turns out they are legally not allowed to chase people on bikes in case they fall off. Hence, an epidemic of phone snatchings across the capital.

I'm sorry to hear that, m. The poor girl must be a bit shaken.

Why are you on here and not out looking for the ****s?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Why are you on here and not out looking for the ****s?
    They would probably throw acid in m's face, tbf, thus ruining his pride and joy.

The Feds chased and were deemed responsible for the death of a youth on a moped in Islington, Liverpool Road direction I think.

Fingers burned and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    The Feds chased and were deemed responsible for the death of a youth on a moped in Islington, Liverpool Road direction I think.

Fingers burned and all that.
    Yep, they mentioned that incident. Literally said it's more than their job's worth to give chase nowadays. Yoots intentionally take off their helmets (and wear bandanas underneath to conceal their identity) to make sure the police are too scared to chase them.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    The Feds chased and were deemed responsible for the death of a youth on a moped.
    Ermmm...good.

Surely better a dead scrote than an inconvenienced law-abiding citizen?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that, m. The poor girl must be a bit shaken.
    She came home in floods of tears.

I know it was probably a stolen moped, but I was a bit surprised she didn't instinctively look at their number plate. Surely that's the first thing you do after the immediate shock?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Ermmm...good.

Surely better a dead scrote than an inconvenienced law-abiding citizen?
    Yes, but I think the issue is that these chases endanger the public generally, not just the scrote.

Which is fair enough, really.

I hope you at least pretended to be furious for your wife. She will be bitterly disappointed if you don't behave like a real man over this m.

Was she walking along yapping into the thing and causing folk on the pavement to have to navigate around her?