Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Blokes on moped mounted the curb and snatched the missus's phone this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    So those that don't fit your criteria are the exception rather than the rule?
    You took a small, largely secular, historically and geographically anomalous group - many of whom would barely be recognised as Muslim by their co-religionists - and held them up as exemplars of how well Islam and the modern world can work together. That was, to say the least, disingenuous of you. I was simply pointing out that disingenuousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I think it's interesting and informative reading the differing opinions of two such erudite, thoughtful young men.

When did you last thrill us with some original thinking, p?
    I have no problem with differing opinions.... the problem i have is that they repeat their differences every week or so and use the same reasoning each time.

I'm a sheep sir C, why be original when i can just hang on to the coat tails or whatever I choose
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I do think you and Pedro should just proceed to oiling up and bum doing each other.

The ongoing tension between you is ridiculous.
    I have tried to shut this down. The lad monty is like a dog with a ****ing bone.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I have tried to shut this down. The lad monty is like a dog with a ****ing bone.
    I think he has the bone for you though p

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I have no problem with differing opinions.... the problem i have is that they repeat their differences every week or so and use the same reasoning each time.

I'm a sheep sir C, why be original when i can just hang on to the coat tails or whatever I choose
    A shoop? Is that northern for gimp?

Have you seen that docuemntary series about the Lakes and the Yorkshire Dales? It's been lovely, but I'm convinced it's narrated by thon professional Yorkshireman wossname, Mike Harding, but the credits disagree.

Mike Harding. Whatever happened to Mike Harding?

A shoop? Is that northern for gimp?

Have you seen that docuemntary series about the Lakes and the Yorkshire Dales? It's been lovely, but I'm convinced it's narrated by thon professional Yorkshireman wossname, Mike Harding, but the credits disagree.

Mike Harding. Whatever happened to Mike Harding?
    No not seen it.... I saw Mike Harding in concert about 35 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You took a small, largely secular, historically and geographically anomalous group - many of whom would barely be recognised as Muslim by their co-religionists - and held them up as exemplars of how well Islam and the modern world can work together. That was, to say the least, disingenuous of you. I was simply pointing out that disingenuousness.

No, I didnt. As I said, the far larger muslim communities were pakistani and bangladeshi. The Turkish Cypriots barely registered. So that is neither fair nor accurate.

I could accuse you of using Bradford as an equally extreme example of how muslims cant integrate. Its pretty much the other end of the spectrum from Palmers Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I think he has the bone for you though p
    He has always had an issue with me, going right back to the late 90s. I wouldn't put it down to any sexual desire as that would be rather homophobic. Anyway, the lad has kids, he cant be a shirtlifter.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Interestingly, the total muslim population of enfield, barnet and haringey combined is roughly the same as the muslim population in Bradford. Although that is according to the 2011 census. I assume they have at least doubled since then.

I think it's interesting and informative reading the differing opinions of two such erudite, thoughtful young men.

When did you last thrill us with some original thinking, p?
    I stopped being young quite some time ago.