Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blokes on moped mounted the curb and snatched the missus's phone this morning

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yes, but I think the issue is that these chases endanger the public generally, not just the scrote.

Which is fair enough, really.
    Sure, although if the police had the power to give chase these incidents would decrease hugely. It's not worth their while to nick a phone (which they'll get about £50 for) if there's a fair chance of getting caught. The very reason they do it is because they know the police are hamstrung

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I hope you at least pretended to be furious for your wife. She will be bitterly disappointed if you don't behave like a real man over this m.

Was she walking along yapping into the thing and causing folk on the pavement to have to navigate around her?
    She does do plenty of phone yapping on the street, but on this occasion I think she had it out to use to pay for her bus fare.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    She came home in floods of tears.

I know it was probably a stolen moped, but I was a bit surprised she didn't instinctively look at their number plate. Surely that's the first thing you do after the immediate shock?
    Human beings without training don't respond like that. They are first shocked and disbelieving, thinking this can't be real or must be a joke. Their eyes will be drawn to the person rather than a number plate and, by the time the disbelief has worn off, the perpetrator has long since fúcked off.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yes, but I think the issue is that these chases endanger the public generally, not just the scrote.

Which is fair enough, really.
    And thus does the rule of law break down.

Rode off and gave her a cheery wave, the cheeky wee scamps.

Three police officers came round to do their thing. Turns out they are legally not allowed to chase people on bikes in case they fall off. Hence, an epidemic of phone snatchings across the capital.

Least it wasn't acid, 'spose. I'd have had to dump her.
    Where did it happen Monty? I've seen this a few times around Angel and Clerkenwell recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Where did it happen Monty? I've seen this a few times around Angel and Clerkenwell recently.
    Yep, they come from Tottenham/Edmongton to middle class north London to prey on people who aren't used to interacting with black people and freeze in their presence.

The police told us they'd had 17 reports of stolen phones in 45 minutes around north London the other day.

Yep, they come from Tottenham/Edmongton to middle class north London to prey on people who aren't used to interacting with black people and freeze in their presence.

The police told us they'd had 17 reports of stolen phones in 45 minutes around north London the other day.
    The only sensible reaction to young black males in London is fear and suspicion, as Gavin de Becker could tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The only sensible reaction to young black males in London is fear and suspicion, as Gavin de Becker could tell you.
    There's a pwoper mental one who roams the streets of East Finchley. He prowls around wearing a baseball cap and a hoodie and looks scary as fúck, especially when he walks into the road and approaches your car when you're sitting in traffic. But then he raises his head and invariably has a massive gormless grin on his face. The first couple of times he does it you shít yourself, but then you realise he's just a harmless mentaller and you almost start to look forward to seeing him around.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I treat everyone like that.

Rode off and gave her a cheery wave, the cheeky wee scamps.

Three police officers came round to do their thing. Turns out they are legally not allowed to chase people on bikes in case they fall off. Hence, an epidemic of phone snatchings across the capital.

Least it wasn't acid, 'spose. I'd have had to dump her.
    I don't want to appear insensitive but....Muslims??