Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Now Sir Geoffrey's done the racism and has made his public grovelling :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I wouldn't really care, r. They all talk funny and píss in the same pot as far as I'm concerned.

I suppose, if pressed, I would point out that, on average, they are pretty damn black as far as I'm concerned.
    And as you said, their approach to cricket leaves a fair bit to be desired. They make aussies appear sporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I must admit whenever I hear Under African Skies on Graceland the first line appears in my head as 'Joseph's face was as black as your hat'
    My father only stopped describing things as 'as dark as a n*gger's pocket' about 15 years ago. So that's progress, I suppose.

And as you said, their approach to cricket leaves a fair bit to be desired. They make aussies appear sporting.
    In my experience, Aussies don't cheat that much. They play pretty fast and loose with the spirit of the game, but they generally don't cheat.

In my experience, Aussies don't cheat that much. They play pretty fast and loose with the spirit of the game, but they generally don't cheat.
    Yeah, same here. One game they gave me absolute dogs abuse for two hours because they thought I had nicked and not walked. I hadn't actually, but nothing shut them up.

My captain, the complete and utter ****, made me bowl to them after all this. I got mercilessly carted. Worse figures than a fat bird convention

My father only stopped describing things as 'as dark as a n*gger's pocket' about 15 years ago. So that's progress, I suppose.
    I remember my nan getting the right hump when 'coloured' became offensive. 'I was trying to be bloody nice, you don't want to know what I call them in private!'......

Good old nan.....

Yeah, same here. One game they gave me absolute dogs abuse for two hours because they thought I had nicked and not walked. I hadn't actually, but nothing shut them up.

My captain, the complete and utter ****, made me bowl to them after all this. I got mercilessly carted. Worse figures than a fat bird convention
    Oh, yeah. They're horrible people to play cricket against, but they aren't cheats. It was an aussie wicketkeeper who sledged me endlessly for not walking for a stumping. Stupid cünt. How am I supposed to know where my back foot is?

I remember my nan getting the right hump when 'coloured' became offensive. 'I was trying to be bloody nice, you don't want to know what I call them in private!'......

Good old nan.....
    When I travel anywhere in East Africa I am constantly called 'mzungu'. This is deeply racist, as it stems from an old Bantu word meaning 'he who spins around', hailing from the days when people in the bush would encounter lost Victorians wandering around in circles trying to find their way back to civilisation. Or Dar es Salaam, anyway.

The point is that black Africans call me a belittling, hurtful, triggering and offensive name which also mocks the tribulations and struggles of my ancestors who civilised Africa and died in the their thousands doing so.

Do you hear me complain? Only occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    What sort of racism did he do?
    The joking kind.

Thoughtcrime, hang him.

Oh, yeah. They're horrible people to play cricket against, but they aren't cheats. It was an aussie wicketkeeper who sledged me endlessly for not walking for a stumping. Stupid cünt. How am I supposed to know where my back foot is?
    THat is ridiculous but they are just trying to get in your head really. After about an hour of ignoring them I did contemplate saying something but decided against it. We were 110 for 4 and I couldn't afford to lose focus.

Firstly, he isn't Sir Geoffrey and never will be. How on earth could someone be knighted after they refused to play for their country because they hadn't been made captain?

Secondly, it wasn't racist but it was astonishingly stupid so his apology was needed.

Thirdly, do you know what the racist term for white people is in Hong Kong (and possibly China)? Literally, it can be translated to 'ghost-head'.

Always found that quite amusing. Well done Chinesers.