Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now Sir Geoffrey's done the racism and has made his public grovelling :-(

Now Sir Geoffrey's done the racism and has made his public grovelling :-(

It's re-education camps for all of us, I fear.

There must be a fight back soon. We hoped Trump would spark something, but the lefties are becoming more and more powerful and more and more extreme by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

There must be a fight back soon. We hoped Trump would spark something, but the lefties are becoming more and more powerful and more and more extreme by the day.
    Cant you just stop being racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I think I need a few sessions in Room 101 Comrade. I keep committing Thoughtcrime! Surely treatment for this condition is available on your NHS?

Not when the definitions of racism keep shifting to include ever more abstruse concepts of what 'racism' is, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Not when the definitions of racism keep shifting to include ever more abstruse concepts of what 'racism' is, no.
    Yesterday you described Sri Lankans as being 'as black as your boot'.

Yesterday you described Sri Lankans as being 'as black as your boot'.
    Which, of course, they are. How is that racist? No denigration was implied, it was simply a description of your average Lankan's skin colour (particularly Tamils). I have no objection to anyone describing my skin colour by use of glib metaphor or simile.
    Last edited by Burney; 08-22-2017 at 11:05 AM.

Which, of course, they are. How is that racist? No denigration was implied, it was simply a description of your average Lankan's skin colour (particularly Tamils). I have no objection to anyone describing my skin colour by use of glib metaphor or simile.
    I'm not one to argue semantics but how do you feel your average chap from the non-Tamil majority would feel about your sweeping generalisation?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

What sort of racism did he do?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'm not one to argue semantics but how do you feel your average chap from the non-Tamil majority would feel about your sweeping generalisation?
    I wouldn't really care, r. They all talk funny and píss in the same pot as far as I'm concerned.

I suppose, if pressed, I would point out that, on average, they are pretty damn black as far as I'm concerned.

I must admit whenever I hear Under African Skies on Graceland the first line appears in my head as 'Joseph's face was as black as your hat'