Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies and gentlemen, I give you reductio ad absurdam in action

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you reductio ad absurdam in action

Man 200+ years ago had problematic opinions. Solution: take his statue down.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...y?CMP=soc_3156

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

I was moved to comment.

My comment was somewhat intemperate.

It was modded.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I was moved to comment.

My comment was somewhat intemperate.

It was modded.
    Did your comment point out the sheer historical illiteracy necessary to take this view? Or the logical conclusions of telling people that their history is rendered invalid because of anachronistic concerns about race?

Did your comment point out the sheer historical illiteracy necessary to take this view? Or the logical conclusions of telling people that their history is rendered invalid because of anachronistic concerns about race?
    It was mainly just abusive, to be fair.

Did you call anyone a **** perchance c?

It was mainly just abusive, to be fair.
    10 chars ya ****

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    10 chars ya ****
    I tread a pretty fine line on there to avoid getting banned, so I never use bad language. I simply point out how absurd they are.

They delete these truths, of course. But I feel I'm fighting the good fight anyway.

I tread a pretty fine line on there to avoid getting banned, so I never use bad language. I simply point out how absurd they are.

They delete these truths, of course. But I feel I'm fighting the good fight anyway.
    I never used bad language, either. Didn't save me.

Mind you, I took a fairly robust line about the transers, which I think meant my cards were marked.

If you must use pompous Latin phrases b at least deploy them correctly.

Again, I'm afraid I have to agree here. Everyone knows Nelson was a right ****. I've been saying it for years.

I never used bad language, either. Didn't save me.

Mind you, I took a fairly robust line about the transers, which I think meant my cards were marked.
    Actually I don't suppose they care about swearing, given that they are Godless, heathen ****s with precisely zero morals, so I'm probably wasting my time; I should just give them both barrels.