Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ladies and gentlemen, I give you reductio ad absurdam in action

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Again, I'm afraid I have to agree here. Everyone knows Nelson was a right ****. I've been saying it for years.
    You take that back. Treasonous swine.

Again, I'm afraid I have to agree here. Everyone knows Nelson was a right ****. I've been saying it for years.
    Did he really oppose abolition as vehemently as this Guardianista claims? If so, then I am on your side from a moral standpoint but I still wouldn't sanction removing his statue. I sense the article under scrutiny here was a tad tongue in cheek and the swivel eyed right, c and b, have been reeled in.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    If you must use pompous Latin phrases b at least deploy them correctly.
    Reductio ad absurdam is the means whereby the premise of an argument can be disproved by taking it to its logical - and absurd - conclusion. In this context it is entirely apt.

Besides, the nearest you ever got to a grasp of Latin is the coitus interruptus that led to the best part of you dripping down your mother's arse crack, you shambling homunculus.
    Last edited by Burney; 08-22-2017 at 10:33 AM.

Did he really oppose abolition as vehemently as this Guardianista claims? If so, then I am on your side from a moral standpoint but I still wouldn't sanction removing his statue. I sense the article under scrutiny here was a tad tongue in cheek and the swivel eyed right, c and b, have been reeled in.
    Must you be abusive?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Who cares? He repeatedly thrashed the Frogs, rogered Lady H and, when in doubt, went straight at 'em.

Hurrah!

Me abusive! Have you seen the vitriol I have had to endure from your little concubine Berni for simply pointing out that he has cited a propositional technique incorrectly. And do you admonish him, no you do not!

I have studied the Predicate and Propositional Calculii to BSc Hons. level c so you can trust me on this. ( After I gave up pulling jobbies out of jobbie pipes - and yer mum's arse of course).

Me abusive! Have you seen the vitriol I have had to endure from your little concubine Berni for simply pointing out that he has cited a propositional technique incorrectly. And do you admonish him, no you do not!

I have studied the Predicate and Propositional Calculii to BSc Hons. level c so you can trust me on this. ( After I gave up pulling jobbies out of jobbie pipes - and yer mum's arse of course).
    I rather admired his prose. You merely called me 'swivel-eyed'.

A right wing loon I may be. Swivel-eyed I reject.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Never mind all that. When do we get to tear down all the statues of Churchill? And piss on Thatcher's grave?

I very much doubt it. I was just having a laugh.

I believe he did make some rather homophobic jokes on board his ships.

Never mind all that. When do we get to tear down all the statues of Churchill? And piss on Thatcher's grave?
    Attlee presided over our catastrophic withdrawal from India, costing millions of lives, so I want that one down, too.

And Highgate Cemetery is going to lose it's biggest tourist attraction, too.