Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter, I know your interest in pursuing this conversation any further is limited,

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Fúck all this. I'm off to Zambia. It's the only safe place left.
    Islam is on the march there too, I'm afraid. Just like in Mozambique, Malawi etc.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    You know I love you, P. I honestly didn't think you would disagree with any of that.
    I think it is the assumption about what I want. For the record, I want the bad guys (the rapists and van hirers) out and the good guys (ye of every faith and creed, bereft of hate, of spite, of greed) to all go for a beer together (or whatever your poison of choice).

How we do this is just details. I leave that to those who are paid to arrange such things.

And without wishing to start the muck spreading, I am getting a bit ****ing sick of you all adopting the American version of the term liberalism as though it were some sort of insult.

Liberalism is a british invention; it enshrined so many of the things we take for granted today as our civil liberties. It is in the USA that it is used as an abusive term to beat the ‘left’ with. I will have no part of it whatsoever.

I am bit ****ing disappointed that Berni hasn’t pointed this out to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You sound weary P. What is troubling you?

A problem shared and all that fúcking nonsense. Do tell.
    Have you ever had a long conversation with Monty?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Have you ever had a long conversation with Monty?
    He is still alive so from that you can assume I have not.

I think it is the assumption about what I want. For the record, I want the bad guys (the rapists and van hirers) out and the good guys (ye of every faith and creed, bereft of hate, of spite, of greed) to all go for a beer together (or whatever your poison of choice).

How we do this is just details. I leave that to those who are paid to arrange such things.

And without wishing to start the muck spreading, I am getting a bit ****ing sick of you all adopting the American version of the term liberalism as though it were some sort of insult.

Liberalism is a british invention; it enshrined so many of the things we take for granted today as our civil liberties. It is in the USA that it is used as an abusive term to beat the ‘left’ with. I will have no part of it whatsoever.

I am bit ****ing disappointed that Berni hasn’t pointed this out to be honest.
    Before all that though, don't you see that it's those very same principles which prevent you from supporting the kind of things that would get them out? It seems you're only whining because you, personally, might get blown up, which seems rather selfish as it fails to take into account any of the other undesirable social aspects. How are you going to throw them out? You couldn't even throw the redgunamos out! And the Islams know it.

B understands, I think, but he is at heart, one of you anyway.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    One wonders about the Left's endgame, though. They clearly despise western civilisation; they have stripped our society of decency, and values, and imported a horde of Visigoths to rape and kill our citizens, but what is their ultimate goal? Surely they will have achieved only a Pyrrhic victory when the last decent middle-class male is dangling from a crane in the medieval hell-hole which used to be London? What do they have to gain?
    Self-negation. They hate themselves and - by extension - the society whence they sprang. At a truly fundamental and almost unthinking level they believe western civilisation to be inherently and irredeemably corrupt and evil. It's not that they don't like it, it's just that their ideology and education tells them that it's wrong and bad. It therefore follows that anything that destroys that evil is an axiomatic good - even if the belief system that underpins it runs counter to almost all of their ideas of social justice.
    Last edited by Burney; 08-21-2017 at 02:17 PM.

The great thing about North London Turks, such as those you grew up with, is that you can go for a beer with them. wd Ataturk. Shame Turkish secularism has just been batted back into the 20th century.

It really might help if contemporary liberalism wasn't so bleedin illiberal, of course. Free speech? LOOOOOOOL! Tolerance for different opinions? ROTFLMAO! and so on.

Shake we call it #fakeliberal?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Self-negation. They hate themselves and - by extension - the society whence they sprang. At a truly fundamental and almost unthinking level they believe western civilisation to be inherently and irredeemably corrupt and evil. It's not that they don't like it, it's just that their ideology and education tells them that it's wrong and bad. It therefore follows that anything that destroys that evil is an axiomatic good - even if the belief system that underpins it runs counter to almost all of their ideas of social justice.
    I agree, but it's more than that. Nobody really minds a bit of corruption and evil; that's why we elected the Donald. There seems to be a certain special sort of corruption and evil they take exception to, I believe, related to the particular perpetrators of it.

Like the Islamic dress code conundrum; western feminists don't support bans precisely because it is essentially western men proposing them.
    Last edited by redgunamo; 08-21-2017 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    True leftism should stand full square behind enlightenment values and by extension western civilisation, despite critiques of capitalism and imperialism.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    True leftism should stand full square behind enlightenment values and by extension western civilisation, despite critiques of capitalism and imperialism.
    Good man A.

left_leftism.jpg