Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hopefully the football ignoramuses on here now realise why Xhaka/Ramsey will never

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    This is one of the finest hissy-fits I have seen since Saturday, p. And I'm including the more lunatic fringe on Twitter when I say that.

You are to be congratulated on losing your shít quite so outrageously 2 games into the season. Well done sir!
    I was actually in quite a good mood when I wrote that.

The only thing that really irritates me is the people who are incredulous at games like this as though it comes as some huge shock.

Its exactly what you get with Wenger and we know it

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

The only thing that really irritates me is the people who are incredulous at games like this as though it comes as some huge shock.

Yes, he's always favoured fluidity and relying on his players to make good decisions, hasn't he?

That's what makes us so good to watch, and what has delivered us all those lovely trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I mean, 'let he who is without sin' and all that, but one would hope a chap might learn at least a little something from one's mistakes, no?
    No, you can't teach an old dog new tricks, as they say. It's all about the breeding, see.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Yes, he's always favoured fluidity and relying on his players to make good decisions, hasn't he?

That's what makes us so good to watch, and what has delivered us all those lovely trophies.
    In which case, it's valid to criticise him for buying too many players who make bad decisions, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

I think the incredulity is mostly fake and merely intended as yet another stick to beat Wenger with. Nobody is really shocked.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I mean, 'let he who is without sin' and all that, but one would hope a chap might learn at least a little something from one's mistakes, no?
    Quite. Everyone's entitled to an indiscretion, but he takes the piss.

Ok, maybe we should get some players who make the right decisions then.

It would be cheaper to replace the manager.

In which case, it's valid to criticise him for buying too many players who make bad decisions, isn't it?
    Why, certainly it is.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I think the incredulity is mostly fake and merely intended as yet another stick to beat Wenger with. Nobody is really shocked.
    I know... it is still quite annoying though.

I think we should just be resigned to our fate, like that weird bunch of rabbits in Watership Down in the sinister warren.

Why, certainly it is.
    Or, you know.....he could try a bit of coaching.