Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Hopefully the football ignoramuses on here now realise why Xhaka/Ramsey will never

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    He played a beautiful ball inside the full back for Ox in the second half. I believe our new striker fluffed his lines from the cut back.

I like Ozil but he will never carry a team on his own. He needs a much better midfield behind him.
    Or Cristiano Ronaldo in front of him.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Kolasinac and Xhaka are two pieces of that midfield, Ox and Welsher are not the other two imo.
    The apparent lack of desire, or lack of acceptance of what is needed, to aggressively strengthen the side this summer has been hugely disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    The apparent lack of desire, or lack of acceptance of what is needed, to aggressively strengthen the side this summer has been hugely disappointing.
    Do you think you know better than Arsene Wenger, my friend?

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Do you think you know better than Arsene Wenger, my friend?

Yes actually.

Ha, didn’t expect that did you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That view, of course, is based on the rather iffy premise that constant increase in population is a good or a necessary thing. It isn't. Also, since immigration constituted a net cost to the country of £100 billion between 2004 and 2014 according to the UCL study, please tell me how all this immigration is improving our standard of living or helping our infrastructure?
    Hang on.... that isn't what the survey says at all. That figure is based on everyone in the country who was identified as non-British. This includes the immigrants who arrived in the 50s and are now drawing pensions. Those responsible for the study say it is a nonsensical figure to bandy about.

Also, note the lead professor's name is Dustmann.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    True, however I expect the reason he did so is that he knew he lacked the mobility/pace to deal with them running at him, so he took a chance.

Which is why Xhaka needs a mobile, defensively astute partner with some positional discipline which, regardless of what you think of him, Ramsey is most definitely not.

I actually didn't think the useless Welsher was a useless as he usually is, it's just the partnership with Xhaka that will be a disaster imo. Wait until we play someone good and Xhaka starts giving it away as much as he did on Saturday and Ramsey is strolling all over the pitch with his head up his arse.

Not sure what relevance his mobility has to this debate. He was the deepest of the three so should have made the sensible decision to stay and hold, once he lost the ball. Once he went hunting the ball, a simple pass and they had two players wrong side of our midfield with a gaping hole in front of our back four. Ramsey was not at fault for this.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman