Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hopefully the football ignoramuses on here now realise why Xhaka/Ramsey will never

Hopefully the football ignoramuses on here now realise why Xhaka/Ramsey will never

work and perhaps some of you might learned something.

Watch the goal again. Xhaka gives it away then tries to win it back and it gets nicked past him. That giant space in front of our back four at that point is a very bad thing. And why was it there?

Yes, you guessed it, because that useless Welsh c*nt instead of playing in CENTRAL MIDFIELD because he is meant to be a CENTRAL MIDFIELDER, is 5 yards ahead of both of our strikers at the time. If he was 21 you might think he needs a bit of experience and some positional discipline. What are we meant to think when he's about to turn 27 in a few months?

He's hopeless, that's what.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

Watch the goal again. Xhaka gives it away then tries to win it back and it gets nicked past him. That giant space in front of our back four at that point is a very bad thing. And why was it there?

Yes, you guessed it, because that useless Welsh c*nt instead of playing in CENTRAL MIDFIELD because he is meant to be a CENTRAL MIDFIELDER, is 5 yards ahead of both of our strikers at the time. If he was 21 you might think he needs a bit of experience and some positional discipline. What are we meant to think when he's about to turn 27 in a few months?

I'd say that it's perfectly acceptable for a central midfielder to identify an opportunity to break beyond the strikers when we have solid phase 1 possession and a decent shape. Indeed, it is important that a central midfielder does exactly this.

I believe, therefore, that in this instance you are mistaken.

Right. So you don't think that perhaps he was entitled to a reasonable expectation that Xhaka wouldn't give the ball away like a complete spastic?
    Last edited by Burney; 08-21-2017 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Right. So you don't think that perhaps he was entitled to a reasonable expectation that Xhaka wouldn't give the ball away like a complete spastic?
    In WES's ideal world a midfield player would never try to attack, and of course using that logic, he should never try to defend or cover behind the defenders... his job is to be in the middle of the field and nowhere else.

But then again, WES is a know nothing toss pot when it comes to football
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'd say that it's perfectly acceptable for a central midfielder to identify an opportunity to break beyond the strikers when we have solid phase 1 possession and a decent shape. Indeed, it is important that a central midfielder does exactly this.

I believe, therefore, that in this instance you are mistaken.
    It is a question of how often the midfielder does it and whether or not he then gets back into position once the move has broken down. In Ramsey's case the answers are constantly and rarely, hence the issue.

BTW, seen the FB entry for IH's ex? Slightly tragic but also somewhat amusing. He's in the soup again, it seems. Fraud!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    In WES's ideal world a midfield player would never try to attack, and of course using that logic, he should never try to defend or cover behind the defenders... his job is to be in the middle of the field and nowhere else.

But then again, WES is a know nothing toss pot when it comes to football
    Blimey. WES must have hated watching Bryan Robson.

Yes, and Xhaka had a reasonable expectation that if he did his CENTRAL MIDFIELD partner might be there to help out.

It is a question of how often the midfielder does it and whether or not he then gets back into position once the move has broken down. In Ramsey's case the answers are constantly and rarely, hence the issue.

BTW, seen the FB entry for IH's ex? Slightly tragic but also somewhat amusing. He's in the soup again, it seems. Fraud!
    What?! What now? Gossip? Dish, dish, dish!

I haven't, I've divested myself of such connections.

But I'm going to have a look now...

What?! What now? Gossip? Dish, dish, dish!
    It seems that recently married and allegedly blissfully happy IH has been caught putting it about - yet again.

His ex was more than happy to tell everyone and a subsequent load of replies had IH getting murdered by all and sundry.