Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Hopefully the football ignoramuses on here now realise why Xhaka/Ramsey will never

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    To be fair, the 'surrounded by foreigners' thing is largely down to Blair already.
    No, that has to be the EU's fault I'm afraid. For now at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergkamp Was Best View Post
    Hissy fit it may be but his statement is very accurate in my opinion. The club needs a massive wake up call, the longer Wenger stays the more damage the next manager will have to pick up.
    Two years, dude. Minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Yes, I think this is key. A different type of failure would make a nice change. Same with the EU. Once we leave we will all still be skint and surrounded by foreigners but at least it will be someone else's fault from now on.

Blair, I would imagine.
    Nonsense. We're all rolling in the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, as long as you don't need housing or any of that stuff. I chatted with a homeless chap on Saturday. He had more money in his hat than I have in the bank. I still gave him two quid and all my fags.

No bills, no mortgage. Its the future.

Yes, I think this is key. A different type of failure would make a nice change. Same with the EU. Once we leave we will all still be skint and surrounded by foreigners but at least it will be someone else's fault from now on.

Blair, I would imagine.
    The world will be queueing up to be our oyster.

And we'll be able to direct state support to cutting edge, hi-tech industries. We can rebuild a manufacturing base!

Arsenal will still be a little bit ****, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I am surrounded by foreigners though. Asking for it, I suppose, moving to France and marrying a German.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Yes, as long as you don't need housing or any of that stuff. I chatted with a homeless chap on Saturday. He had more money in his hat than I have in the bank. I still gave him two quid and all my fags.

No bills, no mortgage. Its the future.
    Certainly. I've been saying for years that being mortgage-free is the way forward. Ever since I paid mine off

And Danny Wellbeck moves back to the bench.
    Good point, although personally, I'd play him at wing-back.

I'm not entirely sure what a "wing-back" is, of course, but it does seem to be in fashion.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

No, that has to be the EU's fault I'm afraid. For now at least.
    5.5 million long-term migrants arrived in the UK between 1997 and 2010, p. By no means all of them were EU citizens (although Labour's over-hasty and unforced acceptance of Eastern European migration is another matter). In fact, the official muslim population doubled between 2000 and 2010 and most of that wasn't from the EU. And those are just the legal ones. The number of NI numbers issued for work suggests the number is half as big again.

All of which happened under Blair and latterly Brown. Because Labour wanted to 'rub the right's nose in diversity'.

Cheers for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The world will be queueing up to be our oyster.

And we'll be able to direct state support to cutting edge, hi-tech industries. We can rebuild a manufacturing base!

Arsenal will still be a little bit ****, of course.
    I see Wenger's new contract as triggering Article 50. By the time we leave the EU we will be looking for a new manager.

A new world