Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Hopefully the football ignoramuses on here now realise why Xhaka/Ramsey will never

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I was a bit bored on Sunday morning so took to looking at Twitter. Imagine my surprise when I see "Arsenal fans" hoping we finish 15th so that Wenger gets kicked out.

The only real surprise is that I was actually surprised.
    That is somewhat extreme.

I expect anywhere below 6th should seal the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    That is somewhat extreme.

I expect anywhere below 6th should seal the deal.
    I'm not sure. Isn't there a case to be made for sixth place being like a trophy?

Seriously, this is a bloody tough division full of hard-nosed professionals who'll do anything to win. There's precious little sentimental notions about "the way the game should be played" and a' that. And they're all stinking rich; Stoke City had Jesé Rodríguez upfront and we had Danny Welbeck
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    However.... Xhaka was the last man to empty out the midfield and probably shouldn't have abandoned his position to go and win the ball on his own.
    True, however I expect the reason he did so is that he knew he lacked the mobility/pace to deal with them running at him, so he took a chance.

Which is why Xhaka needs a mobile, defensively astute partner with some positional discipline which, regardless of what you think of him, Ramsey is most definitely not.

I actually didn't think the useless Welsher was a useless as he usually is, it's just the partnership with Xhaka that will be a disaster imo. Wait until we play someone good and Xhaka starts giving it away as much as he did on Saturday and Ramsey is strolling all over the pitch with his head up his arse.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    True, however I expect the reason he did so is that he knew he lacked the mobility/pace to deal with them running at him, so he took a chance.

Which is why Xhaka needs a mobile, defensively astute partner with some positional discipline which, regardless of what you think of him, Ramsey is most definitely not.

I actually didn't think the useless Welsher was a useless as he usually is, it's just the partnership with Xhaka that will be a disaster imo. Wait until we play someone good and Xhaka starts giving it away as much as he did on Saturday and Ramsey is strolling all over the pitch with his head up his arse.
    Yet Ozil, who seemed as though he had to spend half the match coming deep to fill in for Ramsey, gets the blame. Once the ball goes into the back three Ramsey is out of there like a flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Yet Ozil, who seemed as though he had to spend half the match coming deep to fill in for Ramsey, gets the blame. Once the ball goes into the back three Ramsey is out of there like a flash.
    Mesut just looked as confused as the rest of them, to me, what with having an actual striker on the pitch. Nobody seemed to know what to do with him. He was even shooting from outside the box!

I mean, what is the point of having a fifty million pound striker if Mesut Özil is going to start taking potshots from 25 yards
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Mesut just looked as confused as the rest of them, to me, what with having an actual striker on the pitch. Nobody seemed to know what to do with him. He was even shooting from outside the box!

I mean, what is the point of having a fifty million pound striker if Mesut Özil is going to start taking potshots from 25 yards
    Because all the chances we created were falling to Danny Wellbeck instead. Even Cech must have been tempted to have a dig at goal.

Exactly, glad it wasn't just me that noticed how often Mesut had to drop deep to give Xhaka an option while Ramsey strolled around god knows were. And after Xhaka gave it away, Mesut did his best to get back and help out in that enormous hole that was our central midfield and then Keown and others criticize him for being a passenger while the useless Welsh tw@t that was 40 yards the other way casually strolling back gets no criticism.

I thought our passing and movement was very one dimensional and the only time we seemed to do anything creative and break them down Mesut was involved.

It's racism, P, that's what it is.

Because all the chances we created were falling to Danny Wellbeck instead. Even Cech must have been tempted to have a dig at goal.
    Yeah, I suppose that's why you have to pay all that extra money for Higuain; he is extremely vocal, he demands the ball.

Laca will learn. Anyway, he had better.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Exactly, glad it wasn't just me that noticed how often Mesut had to drop deep to give Xhaka an option while Ramsey strolled around god knows were. And after Xhaka gave it away, Mesut did his best to get back and help out in that enormous hole that was our central midfield and then Keown and others criticize him for being a passenger while the useless Welsh tw@t that was 40 yards the other way casually strolling back gets no criticism.

I thought our passing and movement was very one dimensional and the only time we seemed to do anything creative and break them down Mesut was involved.

It's racism, P, that's what it is.
    He played a beautiful ball inside the full back for Ox in the second half. I believe our new striker fluffed his lines from the cut back.

I like Ozil but he will never carry a team on his own. He needs a much better midfield behind him.

He played a beautiful ball inside the full back for Ox in the second half. I believe our new striker fluffed his lines from the cut back.

I like Ozil but he will never carry a team on his own. He needs a much better midfield behind him.
    Kolasinac and Xhaka are two pieces of that midfield, Ox and Welsher are not the other two imo.