Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Hopefully the football ignoramuses on here now realise why Xhaka/Ramsey will never

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    work and perhaps some of you might learned something.

Watch the goal again. Xhaka gives it away then tries to win it back and it gets nicked past him. That giant space in front of our back four at that point is a very bad thing. And why was it there?

Yes, you guessed it, because that useless Welsh c*nt instead of playing in CENTRAL MIDFIELD because he is meant to be a CENTRAL MIDFIELDER, is 5 yards ahead of both of our strikers at the time. If he was 21 you might think he needs a bit of experience and some positional discipline. What are we meant to think when he's about to turn 27 in a few months?

He's hopeless, that's what.

However.... Xhaka was the last man to empty out the midfield and probably shouldn't have abandoned his position to go and win the ball on his own.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Told you, didn't I? It's all your fault for letting the Windies off the hook way back when and giving them a easy ride. The reason you don't hate them is purely because you were "not allowed" to hate them. Much better to pick on Aussies and be embarrassed by Saffers. Nothing to do with skin colour, naturally.

Thin end of the wedge though, wunnit. If you had all stood up for what was right and proper back then, you wouldn't be complaining now. Clearly the islams have learned those lessons well.
    Frankly even if it had been the Aussies that had batted like a pub team and lost by about three innings some of us probably wouldn't have been able to fully enjoy it. Especially as the cricket was supposed to help us take our minds off the football. And as I said, a poor Windies side (are they officially called that now?) isn't good for cricket.

I hadn't noticed the skin colour of the Pakistan team being a reason for them not be disliked.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    There you are then; that sounds ideal, perfect for #Welbz. It keeps him far away from either goal and makes good use of his size, his pace and his gameness.
    his "gameness"?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    his "gameness"?
    Yes, as in eagerness, willingness, durability. It's a term normally used for hounds or fighting dogs.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Frankly even if it had been the Aussies that had batted like a pub team and lost by about three innings some of us probably wouldn't have been able to fully enjoy it. Especially as the cricket was supposed to help us take our minds off the football. And as I said, a poor Windies side (are they officially called that now?) isn't good for cricket.

I hadn't noticed the skin colour of the Pakistan team being a reason for them not be disliked.
    The Pakistanis are possibly the most loathsome team in world cricket. The Sri Lankans always ran them a close second - and they were as black as your boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The Pakistanis are possibly the most loathsome team in world cricket. The Sri Lankans always ran them a close second - and they were as black as your boot.
    None of those ever had the media, the optics or the cultural significance though, did they. An important distinction for trendy urban types, and in a wider sense than just cricket.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Two years, dude. Minimum.
    I was a bit bored on Sunday morning so took to looking at Twitter. Imagine my surprise when I see "Arsenal fans" hoping we finish 15th so that Wenger gets kicked out.

The only real surprise is that I was actually surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I was a bit bored on Sunday morning so took to looking at Twitter. Imagine my surprise when I see "Arsenal fans" hoping we finish 15th so that Wenger gets kicked out.

The only real surprise is that I was actually surprised.
    I received a text from my father immediately after the game saying that 'when' we lose to Liverpool, the crowd will be screaming for the 'old tosser' to go.

I love my old dad dearly, but I find communicating with him about football extremely tiring.

I received a text from my father immediately after the game saying that 'when' we lose to Liverpool, the crowd will be screaming for the 'old tosser' to go.

I love my old dad dearly, but I find communicating with him about football extremely tiring.
    Has he been introduced to the phrase 'Senile French Cùnt' yet?

Interestingly, our test team now has a prominent Pakistani-Muslim descended player in it, yet no black West Indians anymore. Something to do with the demise of Windies cricket perhaps, or more reflective of the march of Islam in the UK?