Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I only saw the first half, but I thought we looked rather fine going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Our approach to going 1 down was to begin attacks at the speed of a Per
    Wait until the opposition were in four banks of four and then pass the ball back to them
    Isn't that standard procedure in recent years?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Every time we lost the ball (and we decided to do that a lot) everybody was out of position. This was very nearly a problem several times in the first half that you watched. In the second half we managed to combine that with about three mistakes at once to gift them a goal.

All the chances we created either fell to Wellbeck (say no more) or found a referee/linesman who was blind to a foul but managed to spot offsides that were not there.

Its no disaster. Just a standard defeat we have seen many, many times before over the last 12 years. Another to come next weekend.

Two more years to go…..

Poor Welbs looks pretty sharp except in front of goal.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Isn't that standard procedure in recent years?
    Unfortunately yes
    We are now leetle lacking in pep and dynamism but good at playing Sharks
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I think Wenger believes that Theo is like a fifty million pound striker.
    I believe that will be his opening stance at his next contract negotiation
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I believe that will be his opening stance at his next contract negotiation
    Right. Can't blame him really
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    No surprise but then Ivan promised us change etc.

As it stands change seems to be the appointment of Lehmann in a background role and a rather dapper looking third kit which is worn as an away kit.

I expect Sanchez to be sold in the next 10 days which will lead to **** being lost all throughout the Arsenal family.

I doubt anyone will really be surprised by Sanchez being sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Poor Welbs looks pretty sharp except in front of goal.
    Exactly. If he could actually score from where he was shooting from on Saturday, he would have stayed at Manchester United and would probably even be on his way to Real Madrid by now and we wouldn't have paid all that money for Lacazette either.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Clearly Xhaka was having a 'mare and Ozil hasn't really got going yet, but overall it seemed to me that we were heading for a relatively routine victory.

What went wrong?
    As it happens I agree with you. But, as in life, when you don't capitalize, you soon come to discover that others have a plan to fvck you up. This was the case also with Stoke.

Wellbeck and Chicharito were United's back-up strikers a few years ago. I thought then that we bought the wrong one, and I am even more convinced now that we did.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    Wellbeck and Chicharito were United's back-up strikers a few years ago. I thought then that we bought the wrong one, and I am even more convinced now that we did.
    Welbeck is fúcking useless.