Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Imagine complaining we looked dodgy in defense when you're

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Ox wasn't shoehorned in. Bellerin was.
    Chamberlain should not have been on the pitch, in my view he was selected as we are trying to appease him, to persuade him to sign a new deal as an integral part of the first team.

To me that is “shoehorning”.

His selection in the first place necessitated the Spanish moving to left back. Instead of one of our left backs, or naturally left sided defensive options.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Chamberlain should not have been on the pitch, in my view he was selected as we are trying to appease him, to persuade him to sign a new deal as an integral part of the first team.

To me that is “shoehorning”.

His selection in the first place necessitated the Spanish moving to left back. Instead of one of our left backs, or naturally left sided defensive options.
    Wenger said He often plays young Hector on the left and it's no big deal. Maybe He means "in training", or have I not been paying attention?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Wenger said He often plays young Hector on the left and it's no big deal. Maybe He means "in training", or have I not been paying attention?
    Wenger is full of shíte.

He always has been, we were just willing to overlook it most of the time before now.

He increasingly just looks like a cock now when he opens his mouth.

More annoyingly he's doing that thing where he refuses to sign someone until it's too late

First choice back 3 would be Holding-Kos-Mustafi but Gabriel has gone, Chambers seemingly not wanted even though he would thrive in a back 3, Mertersacker won't be able to play a stack of games if called upon (Europa League) and Monreal would be far better on the left hand side of the 3.

Please tell me he ain't contemplating Elneny or Maitland Niles back there.

I've said some crazy sh it back in the day...like Sagna should play on goal but f u c k me Elneny in the Tony Adams role looool

Elneny is good lad but he ain't the new Matthias Sammer...that's what Wenger wants a ball pkatong attack minded centre half.

Wouldn't mind cashing in on Alexis if we got ol Virgil in there.
    Last edited by Tony C; 08-21-2017 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    playing two full backs in central defense and leaving Mertesacker/Holding/Chambers out of the team
    it's so beyond a joke now...if you've got only one fit center half you trust in...don't play a back 5. Is that so ****ing hard to work out?

Was the Leicester game not a big clue?