Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Regulation defeat

Regulation defeat

It only took one of a number of sloppy moments without the ball and we paid the price.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    It only took one of a number of sloppy moments without the ball and we paid the price.
    Should have had (at least) two penalties, Lacazette's disallowed goal would probably have stood 9 times out of 10

Once our Chilean wizard returns we'll be fine
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

We looked the better side in most areas of the pitch, for lengthy spells of the game. Except the ones where the actual result was being decided. It's the sort of performance and result Wenger has been serving up for the last ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    We looked the better side in most areas of the pitch, for lengthy spells of the game. Except the ones where the actual result was being decided. It's the sort of performance and result Wenger has been serving up for the last ten years.
    Hence why it was a regulation defeat.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Should have had (at least) two penalties, Lacazette's disallowed goal would probably have stood 9 times out of 10

Once our Chilean wizard returns we'll be fine

There are too many could have, should have, would haves. It is about what we do on the pitch to give us the best chance of getting a result. Yes, we should have had a penalty and yes, Lacazette's goal probably should have stood. The lino was guessing. The issue though is that it takes one straight ball or run to get into the heart of our defence as it has done for the last 9 years. If an average team like Stoke can carve us open four of five times in a game, what will Liverpool do next week? We have a weakened defence so it is up to the rest of the team to protect it.

We could have winged it but what should have happened - dominate an inferior team, who were not particularly physical, create chance after chance, put the ball in the net and give in passing the referee the ipression that this side has to win because they are so superior, never happened.

There are too many could have, should have, would haves. It is about what we do on the pitch to give us the best chance of getting a result. Yes, we should have had a penalty and yes, Lacazette's goal probably should have stood. The lino was guessing. The issue though is that it takes one straight ball or run to get into the heart of our defence as it has done for the last 9 years. If an average team like Stoke can carve us open four of five times in a game, what will Liverpool do next week? We have a weakened defence so it is up to the rest of the team to protect it.
    That Liverpool game has been worrying me since the fixtures were announced. The transfer window drawing to a close, some developments regarding Sanchez and our ropey defending. Will all combine into a perfect storm around that game. Basically, we'll get a thumping